sober | baeksoo

𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚜: 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝, 𝚋𝚊𝚎𝚔𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚘, 𝚔𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚘𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚎𝚔𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍
-

Kyungsoo met Baekhyun in a club. Both of them were drunk, Baekhyun more so. They talked, they danced, they kissed and they left together.

Kyungsoo wasn't expecting much, but being kicked out the second Baekhyun woke up surprised him nevertheless. He thought they had fun, he thought they kicked it off well, but there's a line certain one-night stands aren't able to cross. Baekhyun wasn't able to cross this one - letting Kyungsoo stay.

The man didn't think much of it, he wasn't hurt by it. They didn't know each other afterall, they weren't friends, there was no reason for them to be. And Kyungsoo left, didn't ask unneccesary questions and didn't bother to get Baekhyun's number or any other way to contact him. He assumed they won't meet again anyway.

But they did. They met in the same club. Both of them were drunk, Baekhyun more so. They talked, they danced, they kissed and they left together.

Kyungsoo should have asked questions, he should have asked for an explanation, but he didn't. He assumed that the fact Baekhyun is still interested speaks volumes. But he was wrong.

The next morning Baekhyun asked him to leave the second the man woke up. This time Kyungsoo was surprised, but the way Baekhyun's eyes were closed again hinted that he won't get an explanation this time either. And so he left without another word.

The third time they met, it wasn't in a club. But Baekhyun was drunk, Kyungsoo wasn't. Kyungsoo wanted to talk and Baekhyun was willing to do that. He told him how beautiful he is, how good he makes Baekhyun feel, and Kyungsoo believed him, call him stupid but he believed it. The thing is - Kyungsoo was infatuated with the man. They way he looked, the way he talked, the way he held him - it was all so perfect, like he knew exactly how Kyungsoo wants to be treated.

It took Kyungsoo five meetings with the man to realize how exactly their relationship works. Baekhyun isn't willing to love him when he's sober, but when there's alcohol in his system he'll gladly hold Kyungsoo close, whisper sweet nothings into his ear, kiss him in front of everyone - he'll do all that without hesitating, but once he sobers out, it's all gone.

Kyungsoo wanted to change Baekhyun's attitude, wanted to make him be with him even without alcohol, but it never went well. The second Kyungsoo said something to sober Baekhyun about how their relationship doesn't make him happy, Baekhyun told him that he either doesn't care or that no one's holding him there. And that was true - no one was forcing Kyungsoo to stay, but the man stayed anyway and he himself wasn't sure why.

He was hurt every time he was told to leave, every time Baekhyun responded to his text only with "stop texting me, I don't have time for you" every time he saw Baekhyun flirt with other people before coming to him, he was hurt most of the time, but he forgot all that the second Baekhyun finally got to him and showed him just how appreciated he can make Kyungsoo feel.

His friend told him he's dumb and naïve for thinking Baekhyun will change, and Kyungsoo agreed, but Junmyeon didn't know how good he feels with the man, he didn't know how much he needs him, the only thing his friend saw is how bad Baekhyun is for his mental health.

Junmyeon went on a quest to find Kyungsoo someone better without being asked to, and it surprised him when Kyungsoo actually didn't hit him after finding out his co-worker, named Chanyeol, is going to join them during lunch they were meeting up for. Kyungsoo went with it, talked to Chanyeol, listened to him, he didn't even protest when Junmyeon decided to leave them alone, he let Chanyeol walk him home and promised the man a next time.