Missing you

Katy's P.O.V
I had a meltdown again as Orlando approached me and wrapped his arms around me while I buried my head on his chest and he kissed my forehead.

"Why is life against us?" I asked. "It's not against us. Life is not perfect, we all have meltdowns and breakdowns. We're just human beings and we make mistakes and we don't predict the future." His sweet voice was echoing through my ears. "But I'm such a bad mother. Even if Skyler is still a little baby, I feel and know that she's mad at me for not being there."

"She's not mad at you Kate. As I said, don't blame yourself for something that you did not even know would happen. Skyler loves you and so do I." I looked at him straight in the eyes and crashed my lips against his, I don't even know if that's the right time for kisses but I just wanted to feel better.

"I love you." I said and he caressed my cheek. "I love you too. Now let's go back to bed." He took my hand and wiped my tears away then I took off my boots and Orlando covered my body with the blanket and after that, joined me and wrapped his arms around me to keep me warm and safe.

"Goodnight princess."

"Goodnight babe."

...

I woke up in the middle of the night again and this time it's not because I wanted to sneak out, it's because my phone was ringing. Lando woke up as well and looked at me with a confused look because I did not know who it was.

K: Hello?

O.K: Hi Mrs Bloom it's officer Knightley, sorry for waking you up...

K: Oh hi! It's definitely not a problem since it's something related to my daughter. Did you find something?

O.K: Actually, the man who kidnapped your daughter is in Montana. I'm already there with my colleagues, you can come, I already booked the flight for you...

K: Okay we're coming, thank you so much.

O.K: Don't thank me, it's my job to help people, I'm waiting for you.

K: Alright, bye!

O.K: Goodbye!

I hang up and let out a sigh of relief... I wanted to find my daughter already and hug her, I miss her smile and her face so much.

"Who were you talking to?" Orlando asked. "It was officer Knightley, she told me that the kidnapper is localized in Montana. She booked the flight for us and it's apparently at 11:30am." He nodded his head and looked at the clock which revealed 7:40. "Now let's go back to sleep, it's still early."

"Orlando I really can't sleep..." he looked at me and hugged me. "What do you mean?" Tears started to form in my eyes as I began to talk. "I really want to sleep and rest but all the time I think about her. What if he did something? What if he murdered her?"

My heart missed a beat as Orlando comforted me with his arms wrapped around my shoulder. "Don't say things like those. Nothing would happen to our daughter... now let's sleep and stop thinking about this. We at least know where he is."

As I lied on the bed, he covered my body with the blanket and he wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed my cheek. "I love you so much." He said and I smiled at those sweet words that are nothing but meant a lot. It's really hard to say -I-love-you- to somebody but I thankfully have someone by my side who made me probably the luckiest girl out there.

...

It was now 9:58am as I woke up at the same time as Orlando because we needed to get ready for our flight.