Part 1: Could you play that again, please?

Lisa

That day, almost 4 years of the incident, I laid in my bed. I just laid there staring at the wall. Sonija and Sofija had their daily phase of watching stupid random videos on YouTube. Sometimes I was really amused, but sometimes it was just annoying. It lasted for hours. Well, that evening I got up off my bed and walked out of the room to catch something to drink. I went downstairs and Katinka did some dishes in the kitchen.

"Good evening, Katinka." I said when I entered the kitchen.

"Hello Lisa. How has your day been?" she asked.

"Not really special. I went to the grocery store this morning, did homework with the girls and went to the playground after we finished it."

"Great. What did you make for lunch today?"

"Solyanka. The girls asked me yesterday if I could make it today." I said. (Solyanka is a think sour soup that is traditional in Russia)

"Good. I really like your Solyanka, Lisa. Is there some left over Solyanka?"

"No, sorry Katinka. We already ate it. I'll leave something for you next time. Promised."

"Oh, no problem. And thank you." she said and turned back around to her dishes.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked.

"No Lisa, take your free evening. You deserve it." she smiled.

So, I took a glass of water and walked back upstairs. I snuggled back into my bed and tried to relax a little bit. The girls were still watching YouTube videos. I rolled my eyes once again and closed them then. Later, I heard some kind of known voice talking. Some kind of cold shower went down my back. I listened carefully and sat up.

"Girls?? What are you watching??" I asked them and walked up to them.

"Oh just some kind of street dancing video. They're really good."

"Could you please play that again? Please girls." I begged in some kind of a strict voice. I think I kind of scared them but they played it again. I watched it without any interruption. I breathed deeply. It was filmed in a street that looked like a street of a poor village or something. I couldn't see much of the main dancers, because there were multiple people standing around them and the person who filmed stood kind of behind. I waited until that voice came on again. And then, there was it. I saw a tall girls back. Was it.. was it Katherine?

I was shaking when the video ended and kept watching that video in kind of a shock. The girls were pretty confused about everything, because later I started crying in front of the Computer.

"Lisa? Is everything okay?" they asked.

"Girls, did you see or notice where this is?" I asked after a few minutes.

"It's on the Philippines. It's written in the description. But it doesn't say where exactly."

I was so unbelievable shocked and happy in that moment. I wasn't sure if it was really Katherine, but a piece of hope came back to me and I felt warmth around my heart.

"Thank you." I shouted out and went to my bed. The girls didn't wonder anymore and just continued their YouTube fun. (Of course I secretly put in a bookmark to that video.) I laid in my bed trying to hold back my tears, but I ended up crying anyway. I stared at the top of the room and imagined how Katherine would turn around every second (in the video). I started to imagine SO many things until I fell asleep.

Next morning I woke up wondering why I was still in my jeans. Then I noticed really quick. Katherine.
I changed my clothes and later I went down to the kitchen for breakfast. Katinka noticed that something bothered me.

"Lisa? Everything fine?" she asked. I didn't even notice.

"Heeey Lisa. Wake up." she tried again.

"Oh em, yeah?" I asked.

"What's up? I see that something bothers you." She smiled at me.

"Can... Can we talk about it later?"

"Sure." Katinka said and bit into her apple.

Later, I was doing the dishes and she walked behind my back. She touched my shoulder.

"And, what bothers you?" she asked.

"Yesterday, the girls watched videos on YouTube and then... I thought I recognized a voice.. My sisters voice. I thought it was her back her I could see. I felt that warmth around my heart." I stumbled.

"Lisa, are you...sure??"

"I don't know... I think about it all the time.." I said and she put her arm around my shoulder.

"Only you know it. Listen to your heart. No matter what your decision is, I, we, will support you and help you." she said and pulled me into a hug.

-2 weeks later-

The past 2 weeks have been really difficult. My thoughts have been with that video. Nobody but Katinka knew about it. One night I laid in my bed and questioned myself.

"What if it's really her?"

"If I would take the chance, could I see if she's save?"

"Is she alive?"

"Can I take the risk?"

It bothered me a lot and at the end, I decided to take that chance.
In the morning, I went to Katinka and told her about my decision.

"Katinka? Do you remember  our talk about my sister 2 weeks ago? You said you will support my decision... No matter what..."

Katinka nodded and sat down on the couch with me.

"And, how's your decision? Remember, your decision is here." she said and took my hand. She put it on my heart. I took a deep breath and said:

"I want to take my chance. I thought about it a lot and this IS my one and only chance."

"We will definitely support you. You became like a daughter to us. Do you have a plan?"

"I want to fly to the Philippines. It's my only clue."

"That's okay. We will find a way to pay you a flight to the Philippines." she said with no strict look at all. She smiled at me. I was so worried that she will freak out in some way... I mean, flights to the Philippines aren't cheap. I jumped into her arms when she agreed.

So it was clear: I would fly to the Philippines. And this already happened 3 weeks later.

At the airport, the girls cried and so did their parents and I. It was such a sad moment. They had been there for me all the time and took me as a family member.

"Thank you for everything. I will keep you updated on my search... And it will be successful, it happened because of you. You made it possible." I said before I left to my gate. We all hugged each other one more time and I left them with tears in my eyes. I hate goodbyes!

My search began.