Brave Enough

Christina

As you may remember, I was allowed to keep my job.... but since it didn't get better, no it got even worse, my boss sent me over to a doctor because I had to sit down after serving like 5 people, I couldn't breathe because of the pain sometimes and so on. At the doctor they told me that I need to get a surgery (something infected my kidney... they said it came from the 'accident'... late complications..), so I had to give up my job after like 2 weeks of work (because I wouldn't be able to work for almost half a year).

First of all, when I told my Dad about the surgery, he kinda panicked because they didn't know how to pay... my short time of work didn't bring enough to pay a surgery. I tried to calm him down but I ended up crying. He kept yelling around. He said things that hurt me. Like 'You take our last money!' or 'We can't afford that, we shouldn't have taken you.'. That hurt me alot. I knew he didn't mean it like that, but I became anxious that I have to leave them... I felt bad because I knew they didn't have the money. I just fell on the floor and leaned next to the wall. Taniv didn't even notice at first I guess because he walked up and down the floor thinking about money and me I think.
The next moment, Lysisha came in. I remember that she ran up to me and yelled something at Taniv. I guess she yelled something like 'Dad! What's going on?! Christina is crying!' (I don't remember that clearly, because my stomach started hurting again.)
As soon as Lysisha came up to me to help me, Taniv noticed that I was not doing well and kneeled next to me too.
A few hours later, I laid in my bed and Lysisha next to me.
'How are you doing Christina? Is it better? and we will find the money to pay your surgery...' she said.
'It's better now, thank you Lysisha. And thank you... I have to be brave enough now..' I told her.
'You're Brave Enough.' she said and I hugged her. I always I avoided being close with her because ya she reminded me on Dani, but this time it felt different.
'Lysisha? Do you think my sisters are out there somewhere?' I asked. She looked at me and I probably shouldn't have asked that. It just came up in my head. Lysisha didn't answer for the next minutes.
'I'm sure.' she answered. I put a smile on my face.
'Am I really brave enough?' I whispered to myself. Okay I probably said it louder than I thought...
'Christina... wherever they are, they think about you right in that moment.' she said. That gave me a a little confidence after that rough day. We stayed quiet for the next 2 hours and fell asleep then.... but I didn't woke up in my bed. I woke up in the hospital.

The first thing I got to see when I woke up was Ashiva. She sat on a chair next to me and then I spotted Shivani.
'Hey Christina, how do you feel?' she asked carefully.
'I'm tired... but why am I here? And how did I get here?'
'You had strong pain last night. Lysisha called an ambulance and they had to give you a surgery as soon as possible. Everything went fine.' she smiled at me.
'Oh my gosh... I can't remember at all and... where's Taniv?' I asked with fear in my eyes. You could probably see this.
'He paid your surgery. But to pay it, he needed to agree to go on work with some guys for a month. He left this morning while you've been in surgery... He did that for you.' she said.
I was so surprised. He really left his family for me... I was endlessly thankful to he honest. I didn't know what that talk had done to him yesterday.
'I wish I could thank him right now...' I said until the numbness/tiredness from the anesthesia came back.