Chapter 5

* Theo's POV *

I woke up bright and early the next day. I had already packed my new clothes in my backpack and I needed to get to school early so I could print the 'looking for a roommate' paper that I wrote yesterday.

I did my normal routine, brush teeth, take shower, put on clothes. I hopped up on the kitchen counter, cereal in one hand and phone in the other. I was checking my emails when Mia's face pops up. I answer her call and put the phone to my ear.

"Yeah?" I saw, mouth full of food.

"Hey, just wanted to see how you were doing. Did you do the roommate thing I told you to do?" She asked, rustling in the background.

"Yeah, I just need to print it. Hopefully someone nice sees it first and asks." I said, finishing up the rest of my cereal.

"Where are you going to post them at?"

"At the school." I drank the rest of the milk and put the bowl in the sink.

"Do you have any friends?"

I smirked. "Yeah actually, I do."

"Really?" She asked, genuinely curious. "Who?"

I didn't want to say it was a girl and her be all in my business. So I bent the truth a little. "Sam."

"Sounds hot." I chuckled.

"Yeah. Anyways, I gotta go. I need to get to school early so I can print out the papers." I grabbed my keys and backpack and left the apartment.

"Oh, okay. Well, have a good day. I love ya." She said.

"Love you too, Mia. Bye." I hung up and slid my phone in my pocket. I took the elevator and pressed the 1st Floor button. The doors opened and I walked out, passing by Shirley on the way.

"Hey, Theo." She waved. I waved back and she leaned back against the counter, smiling at me as I left.

I started my car and was on my way. I checked my phone. 7:12. I pulled into my parking spot and got out, turning off my car. I hope that guy doesn't have all his friends over here like he did last time. I locked my car and walked to the school. The parking lot was deserted, except one or two cars. I pulled open the clear doors and walked in.

The woman at the front desk looked up. "What are you doing here this early?" She asked, small smile on her face.

"I was wondering if I could print something?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.

She bit her bottom lip and looked around. "Well, I'm not supposed to use this printer for other things but the library has a public printer." She said, looking at me and smiling.

"And where may that be?" I asked.

"Go down the left hallway and turn the corner on the right and keep going down till you see the door with the sign 'library' above it." She said, pointing with her fingers.

I nodded my head. Left, right, door. "Thank you." I said as I walked off.

"No problem." She said. I followed her directions and made it to two big doors with the sign 'library' above it. This is probably it. I opened the doors and walked in quietly. "Hello?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"May I help you?" Said a woman from behind the counter. I looked over and a woman stood there, holding books in her arms.

"Um, yes. I was wondering if I could use your printer." I asked. I didn't know if I could raise my voice or to just whisper so I whispered.