Chapter 59

* Calum's POV*

I felt terrible for ignoring him. I couldn't get him out of my head and it hurt. I figured I'd be the one to mess up the relationship. Either by messing something up or arguing. But I never thought it'd end like that. I never thought it'd end at all.

I felt childish for ignoring him too. When Gina cheated on me, I got mad and then it just went away. I didn't act like this or ignore her but then again Theo isn't Gina. No. I loved Theo. Gina was just something on the side.

I couldn't stop thinking about Gen and Theo either. How long had that been going on? Has he always had feelings for her? Did he usually bring her over when I wasn't there? I left too early to ask.....

Nick told me that he's been coming by my work and that he's been asking about me. But I didn't hide with Nick. I stayed at my house for awhile. Until Theo stopped asking around. And then I went with Nick for another short while. And then I felt like a burden so I just went back to my house and now I was laying on the bed thinking everything over.

I went back to school and I changed my whole schedule. I was late to some classes but I had to stay behind so I wouldn't see him. But it didn't help much because we were in the same homeroom and lunch period but I figured something out.

And then Samantha called me that morning, telling me that Theo gave her Louie. I got angry, thinking that he just up and left him because he didn't want him. But then she explained to me that he came by around three in the morning, all shaky and swollen eyelids like he's been crying. And she told me that he said that his aunt is in the hospital and she's dying.

It took me a minute to actually fathom it. He left town and now he's nine hours away from me and I didn't apologize or anything. He called me around that time but I just thought it was another one of his random calls or texts that he sent me nearly everyday.

It's been at least three days since Samantha told me he left and I've been debating whether to call him or not. I mean, he's surely hurting right now and he needs someone. I need someone.

But I picked up my phone, dialed his number, and then set the phone back down. I did that at least three times till I just quit. But even besides that, I couldn't help the need to just drive all the way there and comfort him. But I never did. I just stayed holed up and drinking at least three beers a day.

And when I went to go get my things, I kind of wanted him to accidentally walk in and see me. Hell, I even waited a minute and then I realised how silly I was being. I got to play with Louie a little and I felt bad for leaving him again.

But there's nothing I can do about it now. I mean, hell, the least I could do was go pick up Louie and keep him with me but Nicks mom is allergic to dogs and I don't think my dad would like a dog in the house.

I want to help. I want to apologize. I should call him or at least text him. But I'm too wuss to call. And anyways, he probably is over it.....with all that's going on, I wouldn't want to be a bother to him.

I can't lie, I miss him. And it's worse because I deserve it too. The way I reacted and treated him. The things I said.

Maybe if I got in contact with Mia and asked her how everything's going but I'd hate to be a bother.

I was too busy in thought to hear my phone ringing on my nightstand. I finally realized it on the last ring and I quickly grabbed it and answered it before looking at who it was.

"Hello?" I ask, hoping somewhere deep down that it's Theo on the other end.

"Hey sorry for calling this early. I was wondering if you wanted to go for brunch?" Samantha asks. I sigh, closing my eyes for a couple of seconds before responding. "Or not. Sorry for bothering." She chuckles.