Chapter 4

* Calum's POV *

I parked the car in the drive way and got out. His car wasn't here so I guess he was staying late at work. Good. I went inside and grabbed an apple from the fridge. I decided to turn on the tv and lay down. Enjoy this free cable while you can, Calum. You're not staying very long.

I was positive about my decision now. I am moving out. I just needed to get a better paying job and then save up. I had a pretty good job now and had about $700 in savings that whatshisface didn't know about. I already had a bag packed, too.

I heard a car pull in and I jumped up from the couch. I turned off the tv, grabbed some food and ran to my room. I wasn't going to deal with his bullshit for the rest of the day. As soon as I closed my door, the front door opened. I sat down on my bed and listened. I heard him stomp his way through the house. He walked up the stairs and hovered right outside my room. I was ready to fight him if he busted open my door but he just kept walking. He slammed his door and everything went quiet.

I decided to go out for a drive. I grabbed my keys and ran down the stairs and out of the house. I didn't know where else to go so I just drove to Nicks place. I pulled into his driveway and climbed out. I knocked on the door and a few minutes later the door opened. His little sister stood there. I was about to greet her when she shut the door in my face and yelled something. I heard rustling from inside and the door opened up again a few minutes later.

"Hey! Sorry about her. She doesn't have manners." He said, pulling me inside. We went up to his room and I sat down in his spinny chair. "What's up?" He asked, sitting down on his bed.

"Nothing really. Just wanted to get out of the house." I said, grabbing the rubix cube he had on his dresser.

"Your dad again?" He asked.

He's the only one I've ever told. Mostly because he's my best friend and he understands. His dad beat his mom and him when he was younger and his mom finally kicked him out when his sister got older. "Not really. It's just that I was bored and didn't know what to do."

"You going to Tiffany's party this weekend?" He said, smiling. He knew I didn't like Tiffany but he still teased me about it.

"Hell no." I said. I shook my head. "She's crazy. Don't know why I ever slept with her."

"But her friends are pretty hot. I think one of them has a crush on me." He said, boyish grin on his face. Nick wasn't hot but he was cute. He had sandy blonde hair and green eyes.

"Sure." I said, chuckling.

"You should go. I heard a lot of people are going. She said it's a pool party so a lot of people should be going." He said.

"I might spend the weekend and working. I need to save up more money so I can move out. I'm looking for an apartment. And I want a dog. So I have to save for that too." I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I set the rubix cube down and let out a loud groan. "This is so hard."

"We could be roommates." He said.

"No. You like it here. I'm not gonna make you move out because I can't support myself. And you need to watch over your mom and sister. They need a man in the house."  I teased.

"My mom's pretty strong. And Jessie's 13, she's good." He said. He grabbed his phone and checked something.

"A roommate is a pretty good idea. But I just don't know yet." I said, staring out the window.

"Hey, Jacob and Quinn invited us over. They said they had a couple people over for a mini pool party and he wants us to join." Nick threw his phone down on the bed and he stood and went over to his closet. He was pretty organised for a crazy dude. He can get pretty hyped up sometimes.