Chapter 44

* Calum's POV *

"Who are you?" The tall dude standing in front of me says. I size him up, wondering who he was and where Theo was. I called him to tell him I was coming to pick him up but he didn't answer. It was after ten and I drove straight from work. 

"Calum. Where's Theo?" I ask. We're about the same height but I still feel like he's looking down on me. If I wasn't dating Theo, I'd think this guy was beyond hot. But I've got my own babe and I can't have another. Anyways, I like to be the tall guy in the relationship.

"Upstairs." His eyes roam me, arms crossed. His chestnut eyes meet back with mine and he moves out of the doorway. "What's your last name? I feel like I know you from somewhere."

"Niacin. I see you at the gym sometimes." I say, closing the door. He stands within arms reach if me, leaning close. I couldn't tell if he was sizing me up or checking me out but I didn't mind. I get it a lot. Just not really from guys like him. I wonder now if he's bi.

"Right, right. My name's Tyler, Genevieve's older brother. We've talked." He says, smirking.

"Really? I don't remember. Nice to meet you though." I shrug, waiting to end the conversation so I could see Theo. Surely, he hasn't ignored my calls on purpose.

"Yeah. I wouldn't be able to forget meeting someone like you." He says, boyish grin on his face.

I smile. "Who couldn't?" Out if nowhere, a german shepherd runs up to me and starts barking. It scared me at first but then I realized that it was just messing around. The dog jumps up on me, still barking. I laugh and reach down and scratch it in the same place I pet Lou.

"Kate, down." He demands. She gets down and barks once more and then stops. "Sorry. She's crazy." He laughs, petting her.

"I've got a german shepherd. His name's Louie. He's just the same way." I smile, watching him pet her.

He looks up at me. "Really?" I nod my head and he smiles at me. "Cool."

"Calum?" I look up and see Gen standing in front of the stairs, a familiar pair of glasses looking over her shoulder.

"Hey." I smile. "Ready to go?"

"What are you doing here?" He glances over at Tyler and then back at me.

"Came to pick you up. You weren't answering your phone." Tyler leans back up, shoving his hands in his pockets. Theo steps out from behind Gen.

"You called?" He pulls out his phone and checks. "Oh. I'm sorry. I was busy." He shrugged, shoving his phone back in his pocket. "I'll go get my things." He looks down and walks back upstairs, Gen following behind.

"We should hang out sometime." Tyler says, looking back over at me.

"We should. You said that we go to the same gym, right?" I ask. Kate rubs against my leg, whining. I reach down and scratch behind her ear but keep my eyes on Tyler.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll see you there." He shrugs. Theo comes back down the stairs, backpack on his back.

"Ready?" I smile. He nods his head and glances back over at Tyler. I reach for the door handle and pull the door open. Kate runs off somewhere, leaving as soon as I open the door.

"Bye Theo." Gen hugs him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He hugs her back and parts then from her. "Bye Calum." She waves and smiles kindly at me. I wave back and step outside.

"See you later Calum." Tyler says. I glance over my shoulder and he smiles. I return the smile and make my way to the car.

"Did you have fun?" I ask Theo as soon as the door closes. When he doesn't reply, I glance over at him. He's staring at the ground, not paying attention. I stop right in front of him and he bumps right into me.