F O U R T E E N

Previously...

"Eve!" I woke up to Lena shaking me awake. "Happy seventeenth!"

Evangeline

"Don't you three look beautiful!" Lena smiled at the three of us walking down the stairs.

"Yup." I forced a smile. I appreciate what they're doing, it just makes me feel like I'll loose them.

"Come sit." Stef smiled at us, gesturing to a spot next to Jesus.

"Can I sit by Jude?" Callie interrupted, winking at me, causing me to slap her arm shyly.

"Sure. Why don't you sit here, Miss Thing?" Lena patted the spot, on a smaller couch, in between her and Stef.

"Okay." She smiled at me and walked to the spot.

Once we all sat down, I grabbed Jude's present. It was nicely wrapped and even had a red bow to top it off.

"Jude did it. All by himself." Mariana said. "I stood there and made sure he didn't get help." We all laughed at her goofy personality.

I unwrapped it carefully, trying not to rip the wrapping. Inside the paper, there was a black box. I opened it, revealing a golden bullet necklace. On the inside of the box was a V for Vendetta quote; my favorite line, in fact.

Beneath the mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

"Oh my god, Jude. Thank you so much!" I got up and hugged him.

"Why bulletproof?" Jesus asked Jude when I sat back down.

"I just wanted to give her something that reminds me of her." Jude smiled shyly at Jesus.

"Cool." Jesus said. "I got the last one." He shoved a larger present in my arms.

"No you don't." Brandon held up a small, unwrapped box. "Don't think that I wouldn't get my only musical sibling a present for her birthday."

"I take it back!" Jesus tried to grab his present from my hand. "I wanna be last!"

"Too bad, so sad, Foster." I stuck my tounge out at him and started ripping open his terribly wrapped present.

Inside was a nice, new skateboard. The bottom of it was simple black and white stripes, but it was also super edgy looking.

"Thanks, Jesus!" I hugged him while still sitting next to him and he hugged back with one hand.

"My turn." Brandon threw the small box at me and I caught it. Since it wasn't wrapped, I just opened it.

It was a Lucas Graham album along with a slip of paper. I unfolded the paper and read it.

To E,

Hope you like the album. Go out to the shed. There's a surprise that I think you'll like.

From B.

"What did you do, Brandon?" Stef asked him.

"You'll see." He said. I left without saying another word, knowing that they would all follow me.

I opened the shed door, revealing a remodeled performance room. There was a mic on a stand, a keyboard, an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar and an amp for each of them, along with a couch for hanging out.

"Oh wow!" I gasped. "Thanks so much, B!" I jumped up and hugged him.

"Of course, E!" He laughed, hugging me back.

~/~

"Happy Birthday, Dear Evan. Happy birthday to you." They all sang as I stood in front of the cake that was, of course, vegitarian for Mariana.

I blew out the candles and they all cheered. "Thank you guys!" I smiled brightly.

"Okay. We may have one more present, but it's for the both of you." Stef admitted, pulling out two boxes of the same size and shape. She handed one to me and one to Callie. "Go ahead." She gave us the okay to open them.

Both Callie and I gasped. They were two of the same phones.

"I figured you could make friends or somethi-" I interrupted Stef by enveloping her in a hug.

"Thank you guys!" I hugged Lena as Callie hugged Stef.

"Yeah. Thanks." Callie said quietly. "It means a lot."

"Of course."

~/~

That night, I couldn't sleep, so I quietly walked down to Jesus' room. When I opened the door, I saw Jude fast asleep in his bed, but Jesus was just staring at the ceiling.

"Jesus?" I whispered. "You awake?"

"Yeah. Can you sing me a song in the shed?" He asked me. "I can't sleep and Emma would sing to me before she-"

I cut him off by grabbing his hand and dragging him out to the shed quietly.

"Any requests?" I asked, sitting on the couch that was put in there.

"Whatever you want." He smiled at me, plopping down next to me.

"Okay. This is an original. I wrote it after I got here. It's called Wonderland."

(A/N: Wonderland by Taylor Swift ❤)

"Flashing lights and we." Pause. "Took a wrong turn and we." Pause. "Fell down a rabbit hole."

"You held on tight to me, cause nothing's as it seems. I'm spinning out of control."

"Didn't they tell us don't rush into things? Didn't you flash your green eyes at me? Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?" I got more into the song.

"Didn't it all seem new and exciting? I felt your arms twisting 'round me. I should've slept with one eye open at night."

"We found Wonderland. You and I got lost in it and life was never worse but never better. Eh." I stopped at the chorus.

"I'm still working on-" I was interrupted.

"No. It's great. Your voice is so amazing. It's kinda hard to believe you wrote that." He said, causing me to blush, looking down.

"Thanks, Foster." I looked back up and smiled at him.

"Who did you write it about? All good song writers write about personal experiences."

He made me question myself. I wrote it the night I first met Jesus. Maybe it was about him. It was supposed to be about loving someone you can't have. Then, I realized it. I wrote a song about my foster brother.

Am I going mad?