T W E N T Y T H R E E

“we may not have it all together, but together we have it all.”

Evangeline

"Brandon's dad is drinking again." Callie said, running a hand through her short, brown hair.

"I know. In case you haven't noticed, Brandon and I are best friends. He tells me everything."

"Oh yeah." She lightly laughed. "How could I forget?"

"Sometimes he's the only one that gets me." I stated as I quickly glanced over at Callie. Her face dropped a little, making me feel bad for what I just said. "You're my sister, of course you understand me, but we fight. I can never hate him, no matter what he does, I will never hate him."

"Moving on." Callie smirked sadly. "You're worried about Jesus." She pointed out. I was, because I care about him, but I also care about Mariana and was equally as worried about her as I was about Jesus.

"And Mariana. That's not the only reason I'm worried about him. I think he's gaining feelings for Lexi again and as much as I want him to be happy, she's toxic, they're toxic."

"So I hear Brandon went to that concert with Talya." Callie changed the topic, knowing that I would rant a lot if we stayed on that topic.

"Yes, again, he tells me everything."

"I don't know how I keep forgetting." We both chuckled.

We heard a knock on the door, Lena's curly hair being revealed. I looked at her tear stained face. "We need to go to the hospital. Mom's been shot." She left and Callie and I quickly gave glances, then threw on our jackets, rushing out the door with Jude by our sides.

"Is Stef gonna be okay?" Jude looked at me through the rear view mirror. I never gave him false hope, but right now, I gave him every bit of hope I had. "She's gonna be just fine, Judicorn."

We arrived to the hospital, Lena practically running to the front desk, seeing Mike standing there. Jesus, Mariana, Callie, and Brandon meet us there. I hugged Brandon's side, knowing he was worried about his mother. We all were.

"What happened?!" Lena raised her voice at Mike, Stef's partner on the job and Brandon's dad.

"There was a guy with a gun in the house." Mike said. Well, duh. We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a gun.

"Where were you?" Lena asked, not receiving a response from Mike.

"We have our team working on her." The doctor came out and informed us, obviously she was speaking to Mike and Lena, but we all listened in.

"Can I see her?" Lena frantically asked.

"When she becomes stable. Her lung collapsed, she lost a lot of blood."

"Is she gonna make it?" Jude barged in. I shushed him, but the doctor looked at him sadly, then back at Lena.

"We're doing everything in our ability."

"Did Ana do this?" I asked Jesus as we all dispersed across the chairs in the waiting room. Jesus and I say next to each other, Callie, Mariana, and Jude across from us, and Mike and Lena in the chairs directly in front of the desk.