Chapter Twenty: From Fun to Definitely Not

~Chapter Twenty: From Fun to Definitely Not~

"So, where's my baby brother hiding his presents?"

I consider giving a straight-forward answer, but that idea is discarded almost as soon as it comes to mind. The whole point of this is to cause a little mischief, and what kind of god of trickery lets someone off so easily? Not this god of trickery, that is for certain.

"I am simply along for the ride," I hint, and then promptly stand up and leave the patio without a backwards glance, all the while taking pride in his sputtering protests. To ensure that Trent does not attempt to get a clearer hint without at least thinking what I said over, I join Jasper and Samantha on the couch.

It is a couple of hours later, when Trent corners me in the upstairs hallway. I knew he would try something soon, as I noticed the looks he was giving me over lunch, but I was not expecting him to catch me on the way out of the bathroom. "I hate you," he announces, "but you are awesome. It's in the car, isn't it? Can you help me get the keys, or are you along for the ride on that, too?"

Though it could be amusing to watch Trent struggle to steal Jasper's keys – he keeps them on his person or hidden away in a place I know not where – he did figure out my hint faster than anticipated and I suppose that deserves some reward. "Ten minutes, and I will have them," I promise, brushing past him to go downstairs. Since Jasper moved the car earlier to let his father's car out of the garage, the keys should be on his person.

All it takes is giving Jasper a kiss on the forehead while I slip my hand into his jacket pocket. He seems thinks I am simply being 'frisky', so he does not comment and instead pinches my behind while giving me another kiss that leaves the taste of him in my mouth. By the time I return to the hallway and drop the keys into Trent's hand, only four minutes have passed.

"Whoa," Trent mutters, looking down at the keys before grinning and tucking them away into his own pocket. "Be right back."

This time, I am left waiting in the hallway, but he returns in just under eight minutes with the keys and a neatly-wrapped box under one arm. "Will that be all," I start to ask, accepting the keys when he passes them to me, "or do you wish to continue this arrangement?"

The glee on Trent's face reminds me much of an excited child. "Definitely continue," he says eagerly, and I smirk in my own, less visible and slightly sadistic, delight.

- - - - - - -

I blink sleepily at the ceiling as someone knocks on the bedroom door. Christmas morning has arrived quicker than I expected. The first time I met Atlas' family as more than just a god accompanying his king god, it seemed like the day would never end, even if they were pleasant Titans. Yet, with Jasper's family, Christmas Eve passed in what felt like seconds, as it was full of trickery and an entertaining search for presents.

For some reason, Trent had thought that I would only be assisting him and not my boyfriend, which is why he was surprised last night to discover that his present for Jasper was missing. Of course, I did help Trent find his parents' presents for him – in a box in the garage – as well as Aaron's, meaning that he will likely win the game unless Aaron found all his presents, too, as I know Jasper is missing his parents. James and Margaret wisely hid them all in different places and I was not able to help Jasper find it.

"Wake up," a voice – Trent – says through the door, knocking again before I hear him walk off.

From his bed, Jasper groans in annoyance, grumbling something under his breath. Yet, despite his obvious irritation, he does not seem all that interested in going back to sleep and he rolls out of bed a moment later. It would have been quite a graceful way to slip out of bed, I will admit, had Jasper's foot not gotten caught in the bed sheet, resulting in his face hitting the floor instead of his feet.