Nathaniel

Jack stepped off the bus and looked at the area in front of him. It was dark out and the only thing light was the bus station.

"Des Moines Iowa really is something huh?" Mark says standing beside him.

"Yeah not really," Jack says as he starts to walk toward the bus station.

"What do you mean? I mean are you saying you don't like that lingering smell of burnt french fries?" Mark says to which Jack laughs and hits him in the arm .

"Nah not my thing. I like Mount Vernon,"

"I'm guessing thats your hometown,"

"Close to it. I lived just down the road from it and so I guess, yeah, it was," Jack says as he walks into the bus station. Immediately he sees its much bigger, probably from being in the capital. He shimmies his way to a few chairs over by the people waiting to go to Indiana. Plopping himself in the very back Mark sits right beside him.

"How far is Mount Vernon?" Mark asks as he looks at Jack.

"Two hours by car and 2 days walk," Jack says distantly as he tries to get a good view of something, or someone.

"You okay?" Mark says noticing his attitude.

"Yeah I just think I- oh my god," Jack says as he shoots up from his seat. "Watch the stuff," he yells at Mark as he rushes to the familiar face. They turn around and see Jack and their face smooshes with confusion.

"Sean is that you?" They ask taking a step forward away from the busy crowd. Jacks face puts up a fake smile and raises his arms.

"Sure is," The now teenager walks forward and hugs Jack.

"I just can't believe this is really you. I thought I'd never see you again,"

"Yeah I thought I'd never be back if its any consolation," Suddenly the teenagers family comes out of the crowd.

"Sean Mcloughlin? Is that really you?" Their mom comes in for a hug to which Jack proceeds and hugs back.

"You look so different," Their father says and Jack grins. 

"Time does that to you," he jokes and Jack motions to his seat.

"We should catch up. Only if you have time of course," He says and the teens mom laughs.

"Well you happen to be sitting exactly where we should be so I don't see why not," They laugh and Jack leads them back to where he was sitting. Keeping his head down and low, awkward on what he even should say when they sit down, he walks back to Mark and his seat. He almost can't believe he saw his once best friend in the bus station of all places. He really thought he'd never see Nathaniel ever again.

       "This is Mark," Jack says as he takes a seat next to him. Nate waves and takes a seat next to Jack. "Mark this is my old friend Nate,"

       "Hey," Mark grins and he holds out his hand, shaking everyone's.

       "How do you an Mark know each other?" Nates father asks. Jack takes notice that only his parents have bags.

       "He moved into my town a bit back and I don't know, we sorta just fit," Jack says and Mark laughs behind him.

       "Well that's very sweet but I can't help but wonder what you two boys are doing back here?" Nates mother smiles as she pushes back a brown ringlet curl. She was the embodiment of the term 'southern bell'. Jack hesitates and nibbles on the edge if his lip. What if people went asking questions and they could answer?

       "Jackaboy here wanted a quick visit to his old town before he went of to college in New York," Mark says quickly filling in while placing a hand on Jacks thigh. He squeezes and Jack jumps slightly. Nates eyes are drawn down to Marks hand but Jack refuses to brush it away. Even with the raised eyebrow, Jack just gives him a cold hard smile.

        "What are you guys doing here?" Jack asks in return. His voice laced with a smirk while his face remains the same.

        "Oh me and Joshua are heading to Indiana to see Nates grandma. Nates just here to say goodbye and take the car back," His mom says as he begins to dig around in her purse.

"That's nice," Jack responds.

"So Sean..." Nate begins. "What happened in Ohio?" His voice verges on rude and his mother quickly snaps her head up, ready to scold. Jack stiffens up and practically begs him with his eyes to stop saying Sean.
"Well," Jack says ignoring the rude tone. "I got a few close friends and we were pretty tight. I got a few dates and I went to a few parties. It was nice back there and then I meant Mark and here I am I guess," He smiles sweetly and tilts his head to look at Nate. "You look different too," Jack says lying through his teeth. Nate looks the same as he did in grade school. Only thing he did was slim down quite a bit.

"Can't help but ask this Jack. Call it parent instinct but, what happened to your eye and forehead?" Jacks easily fake smiles twitches and he reaches up to touch his forehead. It's puffed around the edges and he can feel the scab. Mark slightly rubs up and down Jacks leg. Nates eyes follow every movement.

"I feel down the steps a few days back. Bumped my head and hurt my eye," he says, daring them to believe it. Nates dad backs off and for a moment its them against Nates family. "You know I haven't used the bathroom since I got off the bus. You mind watching me and Marks stuff?" Jack raises his eyebrows and they nod. Yanking Mark up he heads towards the crowd.

"Jesus you know that prick?" Mark asks as he's tugged along and far enough from his family.

"He was a nice kid in grade school and besides Mark I left in what? Sixth grade? Its been five years," Jack says and he pulls Mark into a random chair, making sure Nates family cant see them. "I have a idea. You aren't gonna like it but..." Mark sets his eyes.

"Jack?" He asks warningly.

"We need to get a ride from Nate,"

"What? Why?" Mark practically yells to which Jack hits him in the arm. "He's a asshat," he whisper yells.

"Doofus its safer than hitchhiking and a bus would just be stupid expensive. We only have $876 bucks left," Jack says and Mark groans before clutching Jacks face.

"Fine but only because you're insanely hot when frustrated," he places a kiss on Jacks lips, but only a peck.

"Lets go play em'," Jack smirks.