Alone Anymore

-DISCLAIMER!! I WROTE EMMAS CHARACTER LIKE THIS FOR THE STORY AND NOT TO RFELCT ON MY PERSONAL VIEWS-

    "Dad! Mom! Look," Jack shouted with glee as he raced towards a chalk drawing. "This ones got a kid playing the drums. Can I play the drums?" He looked up at them and gave that childlike innocence. His Mom smiled and her lips lifted at the corners.

    "Of course sweetheart,"

    "I missed this town. It was so pure," Jack whispers to Mark as he stares out the window, utterly entranced.

    "It seems really special," Mark says and Jack looks down and sees there hands pressed together.

    "For better or for worse," He whispers and Mark nods solemnly.

    "I can take you guys to your old house Jack. If that's what you want," Nate mutters awkwardly. Jack cast a glance his way and shakes his head.

    "No thanks can you just drop us off at Skillet Cafe'," The moment Jack says it Mark nudges him with his arm and gives him a look. "Oh," He says aloud and his face goes beat red. "Come with us," Nate blushes and shakes his head.

    "Nah I'll just be the third wheel,"

    "Come on you can catch me up and I'll share what its like in Ohio. It'll be fun," Jack smiles and Mark nods along.

    "Trust me we aren't for hardcore sex in the restaurant," The moment Mark finishes the sentence Jack slaps him in the arm.

    "What the literal fuck Mark? Why'd you have to say something so weird?" Mark laughs evilly and Nate pulls into the cafe.

    "I recommend the Corn beef hash with sour bread toast," Jack says as they leave the car and Mark nods. Pushing open the doors a burst of chilly air conditioning hits them. Along with it comes the smell of pancakes and fresh eggs.

    Jack was swinging his legs under the table as he flipped through the menu.

    "I want eggs Mommy," he told her flashing a kid smile. She laughed and messed up his hair.

    "Well thats good. Eggs make you strong," His dad said and his mom sent a smile his way. Placing a hand on his shoulder she had begun to rub it.

    "Okay Superman,"

    As a waiter placed them in a booth Jack found himself smiling. A massive grin that dug deep into his soul. He remembered this place and he loves it. The scrapping of the silverware he once complained so heavily about. The aroma of warm syrup that fills his pores. The people talking. Every last voice was nothing less than amazing. He remembers his own voice filling the air. As he joked with Nate, Emma and Ohm as they ate Sunday breakfast.

    "This place is the same," Jack whispers as he looks at the pale yellow walls. "The exact same,"

    "Gettin' flashbacks Jacky?" Mark jokes as he nudges him in the shoulder. Rolling his eyes Jack grabs the menu the waitress placed down. He doesn't even need to look. He's getting exactly what he recommended Mark. He always did that when he went here.

    "Hey Nate!" A voice suddenly yells. Swiftly turning around to face the voice Jack sees a familiar face, or two familiar faces.

    "Oh my fuckin' jesus christ!" Emma says as she rushes to the table. "Sean is that you?" Jack cringes at the sound of Sean but smiles none the less.

    "Its Jack now but sure is Emma," he stands up and she goes in for a hug.

    "I can't believe its really you," she grins. Ohm stands to the side and Jack knows he's smiling. He couldn't see his face but he knew there was a grin behind that heavy mask.    
    "No offense my apparently once sweet Sean but you look like you could beat another persons face in with a swift punch," she says pursing her lips playfully. Jack grins warily and shakes off her hug,