Day 4 (Part I)

************

My apologies for the late update... Got busy in the last 4 weeks with work and I only found time to write some parts now... ^_^ Credits to salvatore26 for the ideas to this chapter and for the next 4 to come... I hope you'll enjoy reading it... 

***********

Day 4 (Part I)

I woke up to a loud sound of pans clanging in the kitchen. I checked the time from my watch. It was still 5 in the morning. Seriously, does this man ever sleep? I tried to ignore everything that he was doing in the kitchen. I covered my head with my other pillow and tried to get back to sleep but it was no use. I sat on bed and fought with my head whether I was to give him a beating or not. I shook my head and just smiled at my reaction. I figured that I was getting too worked up early in the morning. Then I suddenly remembered that I didn't have questions to ask him for the interview. "Maybe they would come out naturally as we're having the conversation over dinner"  I thought. I stayed in bed more and listened to a simmering sound of what seems to be something being fried on the pan. It was starting to smell good. I smiled some more. I was enjoying the thought of having my own personal house help care of my caring older brother. I laughed quietly to myself and decided to prepare myself to get up.

After getting up, changing my clothes and wrapping my hair in what seems to be a bun, I headed out to the kitchen counter and watched Ross work his magic as he placed on the plate on what seems to be our breakfast.

"So particular of the presentation, aren't you?" I asked playfully as I took my seat across the counter. He was wiping some excess sauce from the sides of the plate and relishing it with some basil leaves. Viola! I had carbonara for breakfast!

"Presentation somehow makes your appetite...er..uhm..better?" he laughed as he finished his task. Looking pleased with his finished product, he handed it to me, and grabbed some hot garlic bread sticks from a baking pan on the counter. 

"They would all look the same in my tummy, you know. They would be barely be recognizable knowing that they would be destroyed eventually." I stated like giving an info straight from an expert's perspective. He got his own plate that looked like mine and took some sticks off the pan and sat down beside me.

I started working on the pasta and tried to ignore his presence as I ate up everything that he served. He stifled a smile from coming out but he eventually gave in and started to eat up everything as well. He seems satisfied looking at my reaction with how I was eating up. We sat there in silence helping ourselves to our feast.

"Now about the interview," I started after I took a sip from my glass of orange juice that just handed, "I'm guessing that we'll be doing it this evening. The questions will be coming out naturally during the conversation at dinner. Would that be cool for you?" I asked as I took another stick from the pan. 

He looked at me and thought about my suggestion. He rested his hand that was flopped on the kitchen counter. Then, I was answered by his grin and he was looking a bit cheeky and teasing actually.

"Who said we're ever going to talk it over dinner? We're going on a 7-day trip for you to know me more and you can think of better questions while we're out there."

"But the interview's deadline is on Monday. That's two days from now. How am I supposed to-" he cut off by straightening out on his chair and raising a hand midair. 

"Tell your editor that it'll be better that way. I'm sure you would want the best interview right? Trust me on this. All expense paid. You'd be needing money for souvenirs, though."He stood up and cleared up the plates that were now empty. I sat there with my mouth slightly opened. He then went round the counter and handed the phone to me as if telling me to call my editor right there and then. I had no other choice but to do what he wanted. This is for my job...relax Grace...Sonia will tell you that it's okay. You're a journalist and she would understand you taking some time with Ross for the interview. Surely 7 days? What's he up to?