Day 2

Day 2

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my mobile phone ringing. Who could possibly call me at two in the freaking morning? I turned my lamp on the bedside table as I sat and groaned furiously on my bed. I grabbed my phone and stared at it to check who it was. I sighed in exasperation as I found out that it was Kat. She better have a good reason for calling me in the middle of the night.

"Hello?" I intentionally made my sound gruff. I was happy that she called but furious and disappointed with the choice of her time. There was a time difference for crying out loud!

"Hey there little sis!", then there was a pause, "Are you okay? You don't sound so good." My eyes opened wide as I realized that I was talking to Trevor and not to my best friend. I sensed worry with his reply. Why was he using Kat's phone? "Isn't he taking care of you?" With this question he asked me about my legal guardian in mind - Ross.

My brothers always have this protective side and in turn, I realize that everyone he knows feels loved and looked after by him. I knew from the moment that he planned on taking Kat to Europe for their honeymoon because he already expressed his fear of my being alone and leaving me alone to fend for myself.

I can still remember that conversation clearly a few days before the wedding day. We were at the shop trying to buy some party poppers for the bridal shower that I organized for Kat. "Will you be fine while we're gone?" I remembered his face when he asked me. He didn't trust me enough to be alone. The worry and anxiety were clearly shown on his forehead. That made him go looking for someone who could do the job of looking after me. It was a big surprise for me on how he convinced Ross to stay with me for the time being.

"Chill, I'm fine. Wait, why are you using Kat's phone? And why are you panting? Don't tell me you have just-" I giggled as he kept quiet and tried to break me off.

"Before you make any conclusions about why I'm panting, let me just say that we are running around the park near the hotel. And yes, we have... you know... yup." Then I heard him clearing his throat. "I left my phone at the hotel and Kat, being the best wife that she is, brought hers along. So tell me, how is Ross doing? Did he prepare breakfast for you?"

I can tell how embarrassed he was at that time. I can even imagine how he looked at that very moment - face totally flushed. I tried my best to hide my laugh. This was how easy he would make my anger vanish.

"Yup he did. I'm guessing you told him that I can't cook, didn't you? He's really been nice to me, at least in the last 24 hours. I wonder what kind of threat did you give him to make him cook for me. By the way, it's still 2:30 in the freaking morning!" Eventually I let out my steam on why he forgot about the time difference.

I always think that I am so blessed to have Trevor as my oler brother. Never was there a time that he tried to abandon me nor neglect me in any possible way. When he and Mom left for Australia, I got sad about it. I wasn't used to not having him around by my side. It was tought to gropw up without him. But even if we were miles apart, we managed to keep our relationship intact. When I got into college, Dad decided to join them in Australia. I didn't want him to but he had to, hence, I stayed with Kat under the same room in the university dorm. I was happy that he had time to fly from Australia to check on me and Kat at the dorm. I smiled at the memory of him doing that. I figured that Kat was just beside him listening to the whole conversation that we were having. 

"Oh well, I guess you're fine. My wife wants to say hi to you." He eventually said and handed Kat the phone.

"Hey, Grace. I hope you're doing fine." She said. I smiled as I heard Kat's voice. "Is the new guy okay?"