Day 8

Day 8 (Grace's POV)

My eyes open as the hum of the birds singing come to my senses. I stare at the man sleeping beside me and wondered what it would be like to wake up with him every morning. The hand that he used to stroke my hair to sleep was now on my arm. Watching him sleep was too good to be true. I guess I'm a lucky girl for having this man beside me. He seemed to look cute while he was sleeping. His eyes were completely shut and his full lips were a bit open. The sound of his snore filled the room but it didn't bother me that much. I loved listening to it. It was somehow my source of comfort (it's weird, I know) whenever I doubt if everything happening was true.

I then thought about the way that he would look at me when Athena and I talked under the umbrella. He looked like he was worried that his sister might spill some unwanted beans. I laughed at the memory of me winking at him because it totally caught him off guard. His smile was that of a shy boy and with that he gave me a wink too. I kind of find it cute that we were exchanging thoughts that way. I must say that he's been giving me mixed signals of him liking me and I think that I'm starting to like him too. I looked at his face again and tried to fight the urge of tracing his lips with my fingers. What would it be like to be in his arms forever? Wait...What am I thinking? I can't believe that this is happening to me and that he's able to wreak havoc in my thoughts in the last couple of days. 

As I tried to pull away from his grip, his other hand pulled me closer to him and I locked me inside his warm embrace. My heart was beating fast now. I can't help but try to take everything in - his scent, his warmth - just everything about him. I wasn't at all in the mood to drive him away and with that I reciprocated his embrace by wrapping my arm around his waist and resting my head on his chest. 

Little by little, I can feel that the both of us were slowly falling into the trappings  of attraction for each other. I then felt his lips on top of my forehead as he kissed it slowly and breathed in my scent. His lips gave me chills that I've never felt with any of my exes before.

"Good morning, sunshine", he whispered. His husky voice made me want to hug him tighter...which I did.

"Hmm...ditto.." I felt his smile against my skin. Now I could feel his hand stroking my hair again.

"Time to get up."

"No, I don't want to get up yet..." I knew he was teasing me.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" he asked with a bit of a chuckle now and he continued, "because I am enjoying it, too."

I'm relieved to know that the feeling of enjoyment was mutual. My arm around his waist tightened and I snuggled closer to him. 

"Can we not go out of this room today?" I said against his chest. I was now liking the feeling of his hand that was now soothing my back.

"They would be wondering what we really are, Gracey if we did that."

Then that was my wake up call. I took my arm from his waist then struggled to turn away from him but his hands were quicker than I expected. He held me against him with my back facing his front. The feel of him against me had a different effect on me. 

"Gracey, I don't want you to get the wrong idea... I think... I'm really, really -" then he was cut with a knock on the door. We both froze as we realized the situation that we were in. I heard him sigh out of disappointment as he got on his feet to answer the door only to find out that it was Athena.

"Hey you two, Grandma and Gramps are looking for the both of you. They want you to join us all for breakfast. You better hurry up." She waved hi to me and I waved back. I noticed that he was still looking at Athena with pure disbelief and they were now talking in whispers now. She had a teasing look on her face as he slammed the door after she left. I rushed out of the bed to get cleaned up and get dressed. He did the same when I finished my vanity time in the bathroom.