Day 11

Day 11

Grace's POV

I got up late today. I didn't actually want to go to work today but I figured that my boss would be furious after the week long vacation that I asked her to give me. I grabbed my towel and headed towards my bathroom. I stared at my reflection in front of the mirror. My eyes were wide open yet there was only one thing that I could think about - the kiss. It was so strange that I end up thinking about that almost every day. I tried to shake the thought out of my head and focus on the things that were worth thinking about. I took a shower and dried myself.

After I took a quick shower, I went back to the room and changed my clothes. I picked out from my closet randomly - a pair of black pants and a cami that I wore under my gray cardigan. I pulled out black stilletos out of the shoe rack and rushed out of my room to prepare some breakfast. Little did I know that he was also there making breakfast but without a shirt on. He was just wearing some black pj bottoms and he was frying something on the pan. God! Help me! So much for saying that I shouldn't hook up with this guy! Sooner or later I might find myself jumping on him. He was too irresistible. 

His hair wasn't really neat but he kinda looked hot in it. He was enjoying cooking while being oblivious to my presence and he was singing out some kind of song that I heard from somewhere but I'm not so sure where. The indents of his hipbones were exposed as his pants hang loosely from the hips. And of course, who was I to be oblivious to his ab department - he was clearly good at working out that I wondered what it would be like to touch his skin there. What was happening to me. I have to cut the thoughts about him. I tried my best to stop the flushing of my face. 

"Hey, smelling great!" I greeted. He looked at me now with his eyes filled with pure mirth about something.

"Looking great, there beautiful." There! he made me blush totally! I sat down across him at the counter and continued to stare at what he was doing. I leaned closer to the table and he just continued to do what he was doing. He was smiling now as he glanced at me once in a while. He plated the dish and handed it to me. It was an omelet but it was somehow different by the way that the cheese melted in your mouth.

I ate in silence as he tried to gauge my reaction while eating. I raised my eyebrow feigning disgust but eventually gave him a smile. I nodded at him and tried to give a sigh of satisfaction.

"Was it good?" he asked as he moved closer to me. He was now pinning me between him and the counter with his hands resting on the table top cornering me. I get it, this was his first step of impressing me. I just rested my back on the edge of the table and smiled back at him. Well, actually I was waiting for him to make a move to kiss me.

"It was good...really good. Thanks for the special treat, Mr. Matthews" I replied. His face was getting nearer mine and his lips were only a few inches from mine. I could already feel his breath on my lips and I was already squirming in my seat. Kiss me already!  He then pulled a little farther and teasingly smiled at me. 

"I'm glad you liked it. What would you like for dinner?" he asked.

"I don't know...surprise me." I checked the time from the clock on the wall and looked at him now. " I better go. I might go late." Without any hesitation, I closed the distance between us and kissed him on his cheeks. I can see that he was surprised with what I just did. I was even surprised myself but I couldn't help but feel elated with what just happened. I knew for a fact that he liked it as he rested his forehead against mine. 

He gave me space now and went around the counter. He pulled a paper bag and handed it to me. I checked what was inside it and was surprised that there was some fresh green salad and a sandwich.