Day 22 (Part 2)

Day 22 (Part 2)

Grace's POV

Well, the day wasn't so bad at all, after I got to talk back to the witch. It wasn't really that hard to get my work on the go. I had several meetings with the lay-out artists for the piece that I was doing. While having the meeting, the three of us, Me and three from the lay-out department suddenly got stunned when we heard a sound of something that got broken and someone shouting.

We got out of the room only to find the witch shouting in her office. The glass windows of her office showed everything that she was doing the whole time that other people were working. Shards of the vases were scattered on the floor. Papers flying everywhere. Picture frames on the floor with their glasses broken and to top everything, the witch was on the floor, weeping so hard. Melinda was now rushing to her side. So much for being professional. 

"I wonder what she's up to this time," John, the lay-out artist said as he crossed his arms around him. It was clear that everyone who watched the witch's breakdown wasn't really happy with it. Either they were shaking their head or just gossiping about what they were watching. It wasn't really a good sight to see. It was the total eye sore that people shouldn't even get stressed about. 

We went on about with our work like nothing happened. The lay-out team and I had to finish our task. As I was getting back to my station, I noticed a note on my table. It was from Melinda. I wonder what this was about. I knocked on the door of her office. She motioned me to come in and sit down on the chair opposite her. She was still on the phone and as I waited, I noticed a letter of termination.

"That was a little difficult... I just got a call from HR," she was now resting on her chair and breathed a sigh which I didn't know what for. "I called you in because of Andrea's behaviour recently. I know the two of you really didn't start well with each other. Most of the people here don't really like her especially when it comes to her working etiquette. Isn't it possible for you to have a good working relationship?"

I crossed my arms and legs in disbelief. How could my boss ask me about this thing? I thought she believed in me. 

"You don't need to ask me that question. I've been trying my hardest to be professional around her but it seems that she can't keep her hands off my turf. She really eats the patience that I've been trying to extend every time."

"I get that. Actually, the HR has issued a termination letter for her. I think that there's no valid reason to terminate her just yet. She's been her for just two weeks but it seems that people keep on giving reports to HR about her misdemeanors. I don't know what to do."

"Have you talked to her about this? What did the senior management say?" I asked curiously. Surely the future of her employment wouldn't rest solely on my hands. I saw Melinda shake her hand a couple of times and I think she was going to be kicked out.

"She's going to be kicked out."

-------------------------------

After having talked to Melinda, I wanted to sulk. I suddenly felt bad for the woman that was about to lose her job. I didn't regret about calling her a witch but knowing that she brought it all to herself was the only consolation that I had. 

I watched Melinda get into her office and watch her breakdown again as her world crumbled upon hearing the news that she no longer worked for the magazine. I just sat down and thought that she could possibly have her reasons as to why she acted like this. She didn't know anything better. Amanda saw what happened and she looked at me, asking me quietly as to what transpired in the office with Melinda earlier. I just shook my head and went on with my work. 

I got out of the office feeling a little bit empty. I didn't know what to do. I knew that without her in the office it would be great since there wouldn't be any witch trying to hover whenever she is displeased with our work. On the other hand, I worried. What if she comes back for revenge. Something tells me that I shouldn't be to compliant about it. I get the chills everytime I think about the threat that she gave me this morning. What was her beef with me and Ross anyway. Did she know Ross from somewhere and was she only giving me a heads up about the guy that I've been falling for? 

The pavement towards the apartment took me on a long journey about what I should do about my life. I couldn't get my mind to think. Contrary to what the witch told me this morning, I needed Ross's touch to take the sting away but now I had my mind in two different places - whether I should believe in him or not.

I eventually reached the apartment. I changed my clothes to rid the feeling that I had from the office. I got on my feet and got some water boiling for my hot chocolate. I wished that Kat was here. I knew that she would kick some sense into me for doubting Ross. I went to my room and went to bed earlier than I should have. 

------------------------------------------

Ross's POV

I got a call from Andrea asking me about the thing that she wanted me to do. I never wanted to see her face nor hear her voice. The more I keep everything from Grace, the more I get the bad feeling that this won't end up nicely. I can still remember how our conversation went. 

"Ross, have you told her about us? About our child?" she asked.

" There's no us, Andrea. We're long finished. How many times do I have to tell you that that child is not mine!"

"He's yours Ross! I can prove it to you! Just give me a chance, please!"

"No Andrea! Nothing will ever make me change my mind from being with Grace. Do you get that!"

"You and your girlfriend will pay for this Ross! She's going to know everything the hard way!"

I closed my eyes. What could possibly possess her to be like this. I didn't deserve any of this. If she had known about our baby after we separted, she should have just told me before everything with Grace happened. I loved Grace too much and I can't bear to live my life without her.

I got back to the apartment and wondered where Grace was. The lights were turned on but she wasn't in the living room. All I could find was the mug that had some chocolate in them. It was clear that she was drinking hot chocolate earlier. I sighed and raked my fingers through my hair. I was beyond confused on how to tell her everything. How would she react? How would she take the idea that Andrea and I have a child? Would she still be willing to give me a chance?

These were questions that I didn't have answers to. Everything depended on her and how she was going to take it. I opened the door to her room and there I found her sleeping in her bed. She lied there quietly and breathing in as she slept her way through the whole time I was there. I sat at on the chair beside her bed and I looked at her. I stroked her hair and traced the side of the face that I have come to remember even when my eyes are closed. 

I stood up and went to my room. I looked at the view from my window. The city lights were making the whole city bright amidst the darkness that there was. I then shifted my gaze to my bed. I knew that sleeping alone wouldn't really be that easy since we already shared more than what we should be. The feel of her skin against mine, the sound of her breath against my ear and becoming more eratic and knowing that I was the one making them as such and cuddling after that eventful night made me want to grab her from her bed and bring her here. But I know that I can't do it. It was just too much for her. Things may have just gotten more complicated that it should be.

I got into bed realizing that I'd be tossing and turning tonight to find the comfort of sleep. I just wished that my being a coward would be gone and that I'd get all of these things over with.

---------------------------------

To all my avid readers, thanks for the continued support of my work. Thanks so much. Please do me a great favor and vote for 31 Days of Ross! Spread the love everyone and I hope that you enjoyed this chapter of the story. We got 9 days to go before this story closes!