Day 21

Day 21

(Grace's POV)

Pure bliss. This was all that I could think of. The memory of last night was stuck on replay in my head. His touch wreaked of pain but all I could feel was pleasure. I've hooked up with other guys before but no one ever came close to how Ross made me feel that evening. Every part of my body waitied for his gentle touch. The words he whispered in my ear were everything that I wanted to hear and more. It was like an affirmation that I did make the right choice.

As I lay in bed with him, I looked at his face now. His eyes were closed but his hair was completely tousled from all the tugging that I did as he made the sweetest unhurried love to me. His lips, now parted, got swollen from all the kissing last night. His arm now snaked around my waist. His relaxed features as he stay asleep made me want to kiss him some more. 

I never thought we'd end up being like this. We've come a long way from being friends and finally ending up as lovers. He might nt be easy to understand sometimes, nit ot was a part of him that I was willing to accept. In love, people only learn to accept what the other has to ffer. Love makes us see past through differences and making us see the people we love in a whole different light. I smiled at the idea of us possibly growing old together in an apartment with two children - a mini me and a mini him. 

I shifted to my side and pulled his arm free round my waist. I needed to get ready. Today was our scheduled meeting with Athena for the wedding. Her seamstress has come all the way from Wyoming to get us sized up for our gown and tux. Just as I slowly tried to get out of bed, an arm tried to wrap around my waist and suddenly pulled me back in. I giggled as I felt his breath on my nape. 

"Just where do you think you're going?" he asked, his voice husky and lazy.

I spun around with his hand still latched round my waist. I cupped his face in my hands. "I just want to get ready for today's meeting with Athena. Have you forgotten already?"

He groaned and buried his head in the crook of my neck. Oh the memories that he evoke when his lips touched the side of my neck and my collar. 

"I don't want to go. I just want to stay here in bed with you." He reached up and levelled his face with mine. I swear, my color changed from fair to the lightest shade of red. I still wasn't used to this closeness that we have but I also didn't have the drive to push him away; instead, I thought of how to pull him closer without having to be very aggressive.

"But we have to. We promised, remember? You wouldn't want Athena to feel bad about us not coming." He looked into my eyes and he touched his nose against mine and eventually kissed my lips. It was just a chaste one but it left me wanting more. I breathed in out of satisfaction for what we've shared.

"What would I do without you?" he playfully asked as he propped an arm and rested his head on it. 

"Be miserable, I guess." I laughed and left the bed in haste. He might want to pull me in again and God knows what we could do if we stay in bed a little bit longer. 

---------------------------------------

We met Athena in a hotel downtown where she and her fiance decided to stay for a couple of days. She wanted to visit the gallery of Kat and some places to check some cool stuff to give away during the wedding. As we saw them, Athena half-ran towards us and enveloped us both in her big hug.

"Oh God! It's finally happening! I'm so glad to see you guys." She was already close to tears, I can tell. Her voice was shaky and I swear I heard her sob. Her fiance came near to us and said hi. I smiled back at him as did Ross when Athena let the both of us go.