Day 9

Day 9 (Ross's POV)

It's the last day that we're going to spend here in Wyoming and all I can say is that it has been the best week ever. I've been with this girl for the last 9 days and she has completely blown me away. She has been really sweet towards my family especially with Grandma Jane and Gramps. Everything was going great and what's best is that we've established that we both like each other. That's a complete level up from just being roommates but I also didn't want to push my luck too hard. I still don't know her thoughts about being more than friends.

My mornings have just gotten better. I wake up beside her and try to watch her sleep until she wakes up. She gives me this breath taking smile that I would see every time she enjoys what she's doing. She opens her eyes and looks around.

"What time is it?" she asks with a puzzled face. I tried to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Let me check..." I grabbed my phone and checked the time. "It's 9:45 already, sleepy head."

She snuggled closer and covered her head with her other arm. She was smiling the whole time and I just propped my hand on the pillow and rested my head on it.

"I don't want to go back to Manhattan anymore," she said. She was pouting her lips this time and acted like she was going to cry.

"Hey, you can't stay here forever. You have to go back to work for the magazine..."

She now looked at me with piercing eyes as if to feign that I've hurt her feelings. She hit my arm and I acted along with her as if it hurts.

"Oww.."

I laughed at what we just did and she laughed with me, too. It was fun to be this way with Grace. We both acted like we were a normal couple. I didn't want to jump into conclusions about what we were going to be in the future but for some reason I had this kind of hope budding inside of me that we were going to end up that way. It's arrogant of me, I'm sure.

She smiled and got up. I just stayed in bed knowing that she'll be taking quite some time in the bathroom. I smiled to myself like a fool. How did I even deserve to be with her? The last time I checked she was only smiling and batting her eyelashes at me and last night we were already exchanging pants from our breathless kiss in the cellar. I had some chances after all.

After the both of us freshened up, we headed to the terrace where everyone else was. Grandma Jane waved at me and Grace and we headed towards her. She was always happy to see Grace and every time she does, she would wrap her inside a warm embrace. I smiled looking at my grandmother. She even invited to sit beside her while Grace was seated on the other side of her. Athena saw the whole thing and shook her head with a playful grin all the while. I just had to smirk at her and eventually gave up as she called my other brothers to look at the three of us. They were now laughing at me and I can tell that the teasing part wasn't really far away.

"Ross, dear," my Grandmother called. I leaned in closer to listen whatever she has to say. I was glad that Athena was talking about something now to Grace while she was sitting beside Grandma.

"What is it Grandma Jane?"

"Why haven't you asked this girl out?" she asked with a grin. "I like her for you. You should take her here more often now that Athena's wedding is drawing near.

What? Athena was getting married before me? She was just two years younger than Grace and practically 6 years younger than me. Way to go, Athena! You've just made me feel that I'm slow at that part. I looked at my younger sister incredulously. She was a vixen in with an angelic façade, alright but I loved her anyway.