Let you?

Luke waited anxiously by his phone. He was hoping to hear from Ashton soon.

"Why do you look so anxious?" Michael frowned looking over at the blonde.

"I'm not." Luke shrugged.

At that moment his phone buzzed. Luke snatched it up and grinned down to see a text from Ashton.

"Ashton text you?" Michael asked noticing Luke smile.

Luke only nodded as he typed back quickly.

"You know he has a boyfriend." Calum said in a warning tone.

"I know." Luke frowned.

"You have a crush on Ashton don't you?" Michael smirked.

"No." Luke shook his head.

"You totally do!" Michael laughed.

"Seriously Luke, don't get all flirty with him. Jack isn't as understanding as most when it comes to that." Calm warned.

"I'm not. I just had fun hanging out with him last night. He's a cool guy." Luke shrugged dismissing his friends. So he thought Ashton was hot and so he thought Ashton had a fun personality, and a cute laugh, and an adorable smile, and-

Luke shook his head to get rid of his thoughts.

"He is kinda hot though." Michael winked.

Calum frowned but didn't respond.

-

Ashton sent a text to Luke letting him know he was there. They were supposed to meet at the beach entrance.

"Hey you."

Ashton turned to see Luke.

"Hey, sorry, I'm late. Jack and I got into it before he left." Ashton apologized.

"Oh, no, is everything okay?" Luke asked. He wanted to be sympathetic but he secretly hoped they'd broken up. He wasn't sure why. It's not like Ashton would be into him anyway.

"Yeah, he just wasn't keen on the idea of me hanging out with you guys." Ashton shrugged.

"Why?" Luke frowned.

"Oh, he just worries a lot." Ashton said dismissively.

"He finally let me come." Ashton smiled.

"Let you?" Luke didn't like the sound of that.

"Yeah. Are Calum and Michael here?" Ashton asked glancing around a bit.

"Oh, uh, yeah, this way." Luke lead Ashton down the beach where Calum and Michael were bickering about something.

"It is."

"No, it's definitely not."

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Luke asked. He was used to their little arguments.

"Calum thinks that cinnamon dolce is the best coffee. It's definitely vanilla creme." Michael huffed.

"It's not." Calum disagreed.

"I think it depends. Vanilla creme makes the best ice coffee and Cinnamon dolce makes the best hot coffee." Luke grinned.

"That's fair."

"Yeah, I'll agree with that."

"Good, now say hi to Ashton." Luke ordered.

"Oh hey, sorry." Michael apologized.

"Hey, Ash, glad you could make it." Calum smiled up at his friend.

"Hey guys." Ashton smiled.

"Oh, Ashton, congrats on one year with Jack. Luke mentioned it you guys's anniversary." Michael smiled up at the curly haired boy.

"Oh, thanks." Ashton said sadly.

"I know that look. What happened?" Calum frowned.

"We got into an argument this morning. Nothing major." Ashton sighed.

"Didn't want you coming out with us?"  Calum asked knowingly.

Ashton nodded.

"I'm sorry." Calum sighed.

"It's okay. I'm here and I'm ready to have fun cause I haven't done anything with anyone is forever." Ashton smiled excitedly.

"Yeah, how did you manage to get him to let you come out?" Calum asked.

"We argued a lot and I think he just wanted to shut me up." Ashton chuckled.

Luke frowned. He was really starting to dislike Jack. A lot.

*AN*
Short update for you guys!! Love you!