part 3- seen

"Peek a boo I see you" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Zayn had left, I had tried all I could to find some sort of memory of this "best friend". I looked in my contacts. Nothing. I looked for notes. Nothing. I decided to do some research on the internet. About an hour had passed before I found a link that had his name in it. I had found it through a social media source when I spotted his picture. I had this gut feeling that I really couldn't explain. I knew something was up. I opened the link and read a document. It showed a lot of information about Daren Saunders. In that information it said his beloved ones and family. My name was used in the beloved ones. I felt kind of special. I was glowing but suddenly my face went pale. My tongue went numb. The link explained something very strange that put a lump in my throat. His death. 

I was stuck staring at the page that said death. What could this mean? He's not dead? What is this, a joke? Just then there was a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting company so I quickly shut the page down before further investigation. I opened the door and there he was. Standing right before me. Daren Saunders.

"Hey I wanna well apologize about earlier. I'm not in any way supposed to judge or tell you what to do with your life. I just want what's best for you lexi. That's all." He slowly walked

"I-it's okay...I'm really confused and I don't think you should be here right now Daren.."

"That's why I'm here. To guide you. I mean after the accident you haven't been the same you know?"

"What accident?"

"Lexi don't shit with me. The crash that happened two years ago. You can't possibly have forgotten."

"Daren..What do you mean?"

"When you and Zayn got in that accident lexi! Do you need medical help?"

"Don't yell at me. There's a lot going on. First you tell me to leave and now you're telling me I was in an accident two years ago that I don't even remember?"

He sighed. A long sigh. "Look. This is gonna be a lot of explaining you know."

"First tell me why the hell there's an article online representing your damn death Daren! You're clearly not dead."

"Obviously."

"Then why's it there?"

"A mix up lexi. A mix up. I can't explain everything at once. You need to give me time."

"That first."

"No." He said sternly.

"What? Why not?"

"Not the right place nor time for it."

I sighed. "Fine. Whatever you say."

"Lexi. Don't be angry with me. I-" he stopped at the sound of a car door.

"What?"

"I have to go..Zayn's here. You know how he is. If he saw me with you alone he'd shit his pants."

"Call me? Text me or something please..I need to know."

"I promise. You will." And with that he went out the back door.

Just in time for Zayn to walk in. He set his coat in the closet and took off his shoes. A lot was going through my mind. I wanted to say something. I wanted to speak. Should I speak? What would I say. Most likely something I shouldn't. No. I need to ask. He knows. Daren knows. I need to know. I walked up to him and prepared as he greeted me.

"Hey babe." He said with a smile and a kiss.

"Hey Zayn." I returned his favor timidly.

He grew stern and worried. "What is it babe? What's wrong?"

I was scared shitless that's what's wrong. But I didn't say that. I prepared. The one time I wasn't silent about something. I opened my mouth.