Friendly Greetings

----------------------------------------------

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

Forget about the stupid little things.....

----------------------------------------------

I didn't reach for my inhaler. I tried to breath subtly and easily. Did James kill somebody? Did James cheat and then kill somebody? I find it hard to believe James would do either of those things. But who? I have the slightest feeling somebody else was in our house when we weren't home. I'm aching to investigate. I search the window seal because the knife was by the window behind the curtains. I see nothing. I search the window itself and find a weird opening. It looks like it's been cut into. It's not an average break in the window, it's more like a human made mark. This scares me because it's just enough to fit somebody's hand inside and it's right above the lock. James walks in and I make an attempt to hide the knife. I didn't want to tell him because he's not a suspect in this case. It's very clear somebody was in here and tried setting him up.

"Hey baby." He greets me with a smile

"Hello love." I say putting the knife in my bathroom drawer. I walk back into the room.

"Just preparing to get ready for your day or something?" He asks

"Yes." I laugh nervously

"What's with the mess on the bed?"

"W-what mess?"

"It looks like makeup." He runs his finger over it "Hm lipstick. You wear lipstick?"

"I uh just started getting some actually. Nice ruby colour eh?" I play it off

"Yeah." He smiles "Perfect on you loves."

"Thanks babe. I plan on having a day with Mariah today."

"Oh is that right? Well girls will be girls. Have you heard from my mum lately? I can't get ahold of her and she left me a message when I was working. She said she was coming by the house. Anyways have you heard anything or seem her?"

"No. Not at all. I'm sure she's fine babe." I lack concern

"Yeah...I hope so. Hey, I've got a question."

"Yes babe?"

"Are you still seeing Zayn? Like going to his hour or anything?" He asks semi-concerned

"N-no well yes. I went to up his meds yesterday. All I did was boost them and take them back."

"So...why do you plan on seeing him anymore?"

"I don't I mean I do but to check on him. I get worried."

"He's a damn grown man he knows how to take care of himself."

"He's sick babe! I still care you know?"

"What? You love him too?"

Silence.

"Do you still love him Lexi?"

"I still care about him if that's what you mean."

"Do you.....still....love him?" He asks sternly

I take a deep silence before answering "Yes." I close my eyes and swallow.

James takes a long good look at me. He shakes his head and smiles.

"It's okay love. You'll get over him." He whispers close to my ear before walking away.

Before he exits our room he turns around. "Oh. You're not to see him anymore. Okay? Okay." He smiles and walks away.