first thing's first-part 7

"Hate is a strong word. Therefore strong people use it."

------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning wrapped around Zayn. He's been sweet lately though I'm not sure how sweet he'll really be after this. I got up and quickly took a shower and rushed down to make breakfast before he could get up. Zayn's always angry in the morning, especially when he doesn't have food. I heard creaking upstairs which meant that he was up. I heard the water start running and for some reason my mind was racing. I was not ready for this day to happen at all whatsoever.

About five minutes later, Zayn came down. He had a sort of nervous look to his face. I didn't ask any questions though because I know that would set him off so I just sat there silent eating and picking at the food on my plate.

"Mmm looks good babe" Zayn said nervously.

"Thank you.." I said looking down

I couldn't get over how nice he looked today. He had his hair sort of slicked back and was wearing some really attentive cologne. It turned me on and I don't know why. Zayn eventually finished his food and got up.

"Are you done yet? I don't wanna be late..." He said aggravated

"I..I guess so" I said even though I wasn't.

"Clear the dishes and meet me in the car" he said and with that, walked outside.

I sighed and cleared the plates lazily. I slumped over to the dunked and rinsed them off. I stared at the door contemplating if I really wanted to go. I walked outside and sat in the car as Zayn had started it. We took off.

"Don't look so worried..she'll think something's up and blame me."

"Oh uh sorry." I said looking out the window.

It took us about half an hour to get there but it felt like seconds. I got out of the car with Zayn and together we walked up to the steps leading to her door of her big mansion. I never got why such a single lady would need a house that could fit fourteen. I knocked on the door and rung the bell twice. Just then the door opened.

"Alexis." She smiled "and you.." She scowled at Zayn.

"Hello Mrs Tymes..." Zayn responded uninterested.

I hated when she called me that..Alexis...the way it rolls off of her tongue so evilly and hated. I could already tell I was going to hate this.

She invited us in and got us some tea.

"So how's life?" She asked me.

"It's fine I guess."

"Hmph I'd hope it'd be perfect with him.." She scowled as Zayn looked away.

"Actually, it is mother." I scowled back in his defense.

"So..where's the ring?"

"What ring?" I ask confused as hell

"I'm talking to Zayn..not you."

"Uh pardon?" Zayn asked sipping his tea.

"Well is expect you to be proposing to my daughter soon enough as you guys have been together for what now, three years?" She stated snootily.

"Mom!" I yelled

"I'm only resigning the best of the best." She held her head up high.

"I uh well.." Zayn said unsure if what to say.