A whole new world?-part 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freedom gets the best of us all, but when do we know we're really free?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked and walked astonished by the lights of the buildings. I breathed in fresh air that filled my lungs with optimizing joy. I never get out that much. I'm always trapped in a damn house or I'm stuck with Zayn. This was more like a miracle to me. Every time I see a black car that resembles Zayn's I freak and start contemplating where to hide before I figure out that it isn't him after all. I continue my walk with various greetings from strangers. Something Zayn forbids. For some reason, I got an adrenalin rush whenever I disobeyed the things he told me to do and I'm not quite sure why. What the hells the matter with me?

I walk up to the old coffee shop. Some of my memory recalls this place. It's where all of our buddies used to go and hang around when there was nothing to do. We'd completely miss the "no loitering" sign and ride around on skateboards, smoking cigarettes, and drinking booze we had stole from our parents Cabinets. We were young then. That was then. This is now. It made me realize how things change and my face went from a smile to a fade instantly.

I walked into the coffee shop looking for some sign of Darren. That's when I spotted his brown hair and ever so blue eyes. I went down and had a seat with him while ordering my choice of a mocha latte from the waitress.

"So whats up?" I asked him curiously.

"Oh you know. Business these days. The usual." He responds.

"Well okay but I meant with the whole conversation we had on the phone."

"Oh right that. How'd you get out of the house without Zayn following you?" He drifts off.

"I found a way now can you answer the question please?" I was starting to grow impatient.

"Yes yes. Well, you know how I mentioned that you loved to travel since you probably don't remember that since the accident?" He pondered.

"Yeah?" I responded. I know I like to travel. I can feel it in my bones whether people realize it or not.

"Well I'm going on a business trip to France and Australia. You've always loved both places but especially France. You just never were able to get out and go somewhere for once." He said kind of flustered.

"Mmmm French wine. I do recall this indeed." I said joyfully.

"Excellent! Well I have an extra ticket to France. I would love having somebody to go with and well we are close friends and all." He asked excitedly.

My face fell from a smile and I looked down. "Zayn."

"Hey cheer up buttercup. I'll ask him for you." He claimed dash fully.

Was he asking to die? He knows how Zayn is especially with other males. He even said himself that WE forgot about Darren a while ago.

"Ummm do you want to die or something?"

He must've taken this question humorously because he laughed even though there was nothing funny about it.

"Lexi my dear, it's France! One of the profound places you've always loved and wanted to see. Not be stuck here in London all day. I mean what's to see here? Traffic and people?" He asked laughing.

"There's Big Ben. Besides, I love London thank you very much." I remarked.

"You're quite the bashful one. We will figure something out I mean we always do. It's France Lexi. France!"

I grew excited just by hearing the name of it. France. The word lingers on my tongue like a sweet citrus fruit fresh off of a tree in the warm summer air. I wanted to go. I was destined to find a way.