Us

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll try my best, how much do I invest, like cardiac arrest, high voltage when we kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up rubbing my eyes, happy as could be. I felt refreshed. I smiled at the daylight and the crack of morning that seeped into the window like shadows in the night. Then reality got the best of me. I turned and looked to my left to see a naked Harry laying right by my side.

"Shit!" I gasped under my breath as I hopped out of the bed drastically looking for my clothes. His eyes opened and he smiled.

"Hey babe. Good morning." He says cheekily

"Oh hi Harry." I smile

"I dunno about you but I had a great nights sleep with some help of course." He smiled

I honestly wasn't happy. I felt like I was some type of cheater or something. I felt like I had deceived Zayn's hope. And by god if he found out, that would be the day.

"Well I should probably shower up and such since you know Zayn's still passed out on the couch."

"Right. You do that." He smiled

I made my way to the shower and started it. I'm still stunned. I shook it off and got in. I washed my hair and sat there thinking for a while. What exactly have I done?

About a half hour later, I got out if the shower and preceded onto getting dressed. After I got dressed I walked downstairs to see Zayn just getting up. He rubbed his beautiful dark brown eyes and greeted my morning with a smile. All I could do was smile back mesmerised.

"Hey!" He jumped up quickly

"Hey zany. Good morning."

"Zany? You used to always call me that.." He looked down reminiscing and smiling

"Yeah I guess so." I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly

"So what do you plan on doing today? Get enough sleep last night?"

"Oh..yeah ha. I dunno what my plans are."

"Well maybe we could hang out? Catch a movie?" He said hesitantly

"Aw isn't that cute." Harry came down mocking

Zayn rolled his eyes

"Enjoy the couch mate? I told you you that you could've had the extra bed." Harry laughed

"Well I'm fine on the couch." Zayn said

"You WERE fine on the couch." Harry mocked

Zayn rolled his eyes again

"Zayn take a chill bae." I giggled

He looked up with reassuring eyes and smiled.

Harry had gone upstairs and as I looked at Zayn all I could do was feel warmth in my heart and bones. As he sat there, I walked on over to him and ran my fingers through his soft luscious hair. He looked up again with those beautiful dark eyes that I loved and smiled so weakly at me. I sat by him and he put his arm around me.

I know what I did with Harry would tick him off but he's been sleeping around too. It was just a thing. No harm intended. I scooted into his arms and rested my head on his shoulder. That same old feeling came back.

I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to forgive him. I wanted to hold him again like old times. I just wanted him. He made me smile even when he made me cry. All couples go through the cry phase but you know you're meant to be when you keep running back.

"I love you." He mumbled

"What?" I said

"I said, I love you Lexi."

"I uh. Woah."

"What's wrong?" He questioned

"I'm just not used to hearing you say it that's all."

"I don't say it enough. Even if I said it too much, it wouldn't be enough."

I smiled and nudged my face into his neck.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. So fucking much. I can't even explain it."

"Zayn.."

"Please don't say it back."

"Why?" I was confused

"Because, I don't want you to say it if you don't mean it."

"Zayn you have no clue. I love you so much but I'm just so scared to say it. Especially to you."

He grabbed my hands.

"I don't want that. I don't want you to be scared of me love."

"I love you zany." I blushed

"I love you Lexi bear."

He leaned in and kissed me ever so passionately.

"I know I screwed up, I know I'll screw up again, but I'm trying now. It's different this time Lexi it's so different. I'm such a mess without you. I've moved to different girls and they just aren't you. They don't listen like you do. They don't kiss like you do. They don't watch those cheesy Disney movies with me like you. I want you. Only you. I'm so sorry."

I teared up and bit my lip.

"Please don't cry love." He held me close

"Let it be us Zayn."

"Just us?"

"Just us."