Chapter VI: Not Our World

Richard glanced out of his car window & set his gear into parking. He sighed as he rested his elbow out onto the window & studied the exterior of the Star Labs building. There was a large, gaping hole that was blown open from the far left side, towards the roof. The rest of it was shaped like a circular dome. It definitely seemed like there was some sort of scientific error that occurred within the building, seeing as the building was virtually abandoned. However, Richard did spot two cars parked in the parking lot. Richard took a deep breath. He really wanted this lead to pan out. He needed to find the Flash, & he drove all night to get here.

Richard opened his car door & shut it behind him. He walked all the way across the parking lot, which took him a few minutes, & walked up to the front door. He glanced around, expecting some sort of tape wrapping the doors, warding off different trespassers. Richard tried his luck at the doors, & found that the doors were unlocked. Richard shook his head. Anyone could waltz in as they pleased.

Richard grinned & found an open space at the front of the building. It clearly used to be some sort of a lobby, considering that this scientific research facility was, at some point, open & functional. Richard made his way towards the back of the lobby, finding a long hallway. Richard bit his lip nervously, but walked down the hall anyway. Richard continued walking down the long, extensive hallway, & found that the hall was circling around something. The building was circular, so this architectural design made sense. However, Richard didn't expect it to go out so far into the building.

Eventually, Richard began to hear echoes. He suspected that he was reaching the hall's end, & began to walk forward cautiously. Richard reached into his back pocket & felt the small rod he had in it. It was the same design of Roy Harper's bow, but Richard's extended into a long nightstick. It didn't contain any electrical capabilities, but he didn't expect to stun anything in Central City.

The closer Richard got to the end of the hall, more he realized that the echoes he had been hearing were soft voices speaking to one another. Richard took a deep breath & braced himself for whatever he would find.

Richard glanced over the corner to spot a large open space with a large desk in the middle. Richard arched his eyebrow, noticing a long haired hispanic man sitting next to a pale brunette. Both were speaking into some sort of interface within the desk's computer dashboard. They were calling out directions, but finally, they grew a little silent.

"Nice work, Barry," the brunette girl said into a microphone with a faint smile.

The long haired guy rolled his eyes, then glanced over to the brunette. "Wanna get coffee in a little bit?" he asked softly.

The brunette sighed, faintly smiling at the man. "Sure, Cisco. Let's just wait till Barry gets back."

The long haired man groaned & shook his head. "Caitlin, could we just, like, not bring him for once? He's more than capable of running the Cortex on his own."

Before Caitlin could even open her mouth to speak, a red streak zipped passed Richard, entering the large room. The streak formed into a skinny man in a red suit with a white emblem on his chest. Over the white emblem was a large, yellow lightning bolt.

"Hey, guys," the red suited man said, smiling under his mask.

Cisco diverted his eyes away from their red friend. Caitlin sighed. "Barry," she said, "You did good this morning, but, I think Cisco & I need a quick break. You don't mind watching things while we're gone, right?"

After a quick moment, the red suited man zipped out, then back into the room again. This time, the skinny man was wearing a flannel & jeans. His brown hair stood up towards the front of his head. He smiled softly. "Yeah, sure Caitlin. It's alright."