Chapter XIII: Sharp

Richard stepped through the dark hallways of the destroyed building. Richard felt as though he had some sort of idea as to what this place was. When Star City was under attack by Damien Darhk's men, he had been operating out of this building. It belonged to the organization known as HIVE. Richard recalled Logan & Victor taking down a unit of HIVE operators in Jump City, but he never thought the terrorist group would ever grow as large as it did when Darhk was in control of it the year before.

Roy held his bow high & steady outward, preparing for any attack. "Dick," he muttered, "I don't like this one bit."

Tim appeared behind Richard & Roy, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, this place is freaky."

Richard shushed the two as the approached the end of the dark, debris covered hallway, & entered a large, open space with dim lighting. Richard stepped down a set of stairs, revealing the futuristic room that had been dismantled, with ceiling beams thrown onto the ground & walls busted open with gaping holes in them. The roof & walls were etched with strange hexagonal lighting patterns, resembling a beehive. Richard rolled his eyes at the irony.

Down below was one punching bag that hung from a steel beam. Down below, punching the bag, was a young girl. She wore an exercising top & leggings. Her fists were wrapped up in sparring gloves, & her damp brown hair was tied back in a ponytail. Her pale skin glistened as her sweat reflected light from above. Her breathing was soft & steady, but echoed around the room.

Richard bit his lip, unsure of whether this was the person he was looking for. Jaime had eventually found more intel for Richard from the Scarab. According to them, Evelyn Sharp would be "in the darkness" when he found her, broken & bloodthirsty. Richard groaned at the fact that he was suddenly deciphering riddles from a bug. He hated riddles. He thought that it was the most ridiculous thing. Richard then thought about his situation. Aliens & time travel; it could be a lot worse.

Richard began making his way down the stairs, stepping loud enough to be noticed by the young girl below. The girl finally stopped & turned to look up at Richard. She rushed over to a tabletop & quickly strung up a bow with an arrow. "Who the hell are you?" she grunted, pointing the arrow at Richard.

Richard held his hands up defensively, then felt Tim & Roy rush to his side, both arming themselves with bows & staffs. Richard let out a whistle. "Alright, guys, let's not get hasty now. We didn't come to fight."

The young woman took a step closer, raising her bow a little higher to reach RIchard's face. "Tell your boys to stand down, then tell me how you found this place."

Richard sighed, turning to Roy & Tim. The two got the message, laying down their weapons. Richard bit his lip, feeling somewhat vulnerable. Maybe this WASN'T the person he was looking for. He would definitely need to defend himself. Richard nodded towards the young woman. "Are you Evelyn Sharp?"

The young woman glared at Richard, dropping her bow down just a few inches, still having it strung up. "Who's asking?"

Richard let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God, okay." He turned to Tim & Roy. "This is Tim Drake & Roy Harper. My name is Richard Grayson. We're part of the Titans initiative."

"The what?" Evelyn spat back. "Titans?"

Richard nodded. "Yeah, we're a group of heroes who work alongside the Justice League."

Evelyn shook her head. "Is that supposed to mean something to me?"

Richard sighed, starting to feel frustrated. Tim stepped forward. "Wait a minute," he said softly. "I...I know you."