Chapter fifteen

Dean didn't think he'd ever been more in love with Cas. As the next day went by, he couldn't stop watching Cas, and Sam and Charlie were both very interested in that.

When Charlie had been introduced to Sam, Dean could tell how taken aback Sam was by her enthusiasm. You would've thought Charlie was a jealous girlfriend with how many questions she asked Sam.

"Charlie, we just got him back, don't scare him away," Cas joked, smiling.

"Fine. But I'm watching you," Charlie said, narrowing her eyes at Sam.

"Um... okay," Sam said.

"Charlie is very... enthusiastic," Dean said. Charlie looked from Dean to Cas, then back to Sam.

"I'm very protective of my boys," she said. Dean smiled, warmth swelling up in his chest. He hadn't always agreed with Charlie, but he couldn't deny that she always had the right reasons for her thoughts and actions.

"And we're glad for it," Cas said. Dean nodded.

"Definitely," he agreed.

***

"So Cas, tell me about your family. I haven't heard anything about them." Dean froze when he heard Sam say that. Cas barely talked about his family, and the few times he had brought it up it hadn't seemed like he enjoyed the topic.

"I, uh... well my mom is very proper... I have... I have several siblings," Cas started.

"Cas, you don't have to if you don't want to," Dean said gently. Sam and Charlie both watched them.

"No, it's time I did. I have three sisters and three brothers. My sisters are Naomi, Anna, and Hannah. Hannah is the only one of my siblings that's younger than me. And my brothers, Michael, Luc, and Gabriel." Cas paused and Dean noticed Charlie staring at Cas with wide eyes, her mouth moving, but no words coming out.

"Charlie, are you okay?" He asked. Charlie's head whipped around.

"Yeah! Of course, I just... I just remembered I forgot to take that blueberry pie out of the oven, I'll be right back," she gushed, rushing into the back. Sam and Dean exchanged confused looks.

"That didn't seem like a burnt pie look to me, did it to you?" Dean asked. Sam shook his head. Cas didn't say anything.

"Okay, crisis averted! So what should we do tonight?" Charlie asked, coming back through the doorway.

"Why not the movies?" Cas suggested. Dean blinked.

"Movies? Are you sure" Sam asked. Cas shifted.

"Movies are fun. I... I don't want to hold you back. You should be able to do whatever you want to," Cas said.

"You don't hold us back, Cas. We're happy to do something we can all participate in equally," Charlie said. Cas shook his head and stood up.

"No, we're going to see a movie, and you three are going to enjoy yourselves," he said firmly.

"Are you sure?" Dean asked. Cas nodded.

"Absolutely," he said. They all agreed, although somewhat reluctantly, on going to a movie, and that was that. They went about their business. But Dean kept watching Cas throughout the rest of the day. It worried Dean how determined Cas was to not let his  blindness get in the way of anything. Dean had a horrible feeling that it was going to get Cas in trouble one day.