Chapter twenty-three

As soon as Cas put his hand on Dean's face, Dean's brain went into overdrive, throwing thoughts at him left and right. He knew he shouldn't do this, his self control was stretched as it was, what was he thinking, he couldn't ruin things with Cas, he had to get away-

The moment Cas' lips met Dean's, his mind was wiped blissfully blank. Dean raised a shaky hand to Cas' face, kissing him back passionately. Cas made a small noise at the back of his throat and Dean's eyes snapped open and he pulled away.

"Dean?" Cas asked. Dean stared at Cas' face, Cas' beautiful, amazing face.

"Cas... are you... you aren't gay," Dean said. Cas ran his fingers through Dean's hair and Dean took in a sharp breath. This was all he wanted... but he was terrified that Cas would realize he wasn't in love after all.

"Dean-"

"You have to be sure," Dean said, fighting the urge to kiss him again.

"I haven't been this sure of anything in a long time," Cas said. And that was when Dean kissed Cas.

***

"No way!" Charlie shrieked. They were in the bakery now, about to open for the day.

"Yes. Despite your best efforts, Castiel has succumbed to my seductive powers," Dean said. Cas laughed.

"I just didn't want you to get hurt," Charlie defended herself.

"And I appreciate that, but I'm still glad you failed," Dean told her.

"Me too. But Cas, I was so sure you weren't gay," Charlie said.

"I don't think I am. I'm not gay or bisexual, I'm... I'm Dean-sexual," Cas said. Charlie grinned.

"You guys do realize this means party, right?" She asked.

"We would never expect any different," Dean said.

"Good! It'll be this Saturday, so Sam can come," Charlie said. Cas smiled.

"Well as much as I would love to keep talking, our morning rush is about to get here," Dean said, leading Cas over to his table. "Are you going to be okay here?" He asked.

"I think so," Cas said. Dean gave him a quick kiss.

"Good."

***

Dean ended up having to comfort Cas a lot that day, and by the time they got back up to the apartment, Cas was on edge.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked gently as they stood in Dean's bedroom.

"I just can't get him out of my head," Cas said.

"Maybe I can," Dean said, and then he kissed Cas, slowly and softly. Cas kissed him back, and the kiss slowly became more passionate and hungry. Dean broke away, panting.

"Do you trust me?" Dean asked.

"Get rid of him, Dean," Cas breathed. So Dean kissed Cas again, pushing him back until they collapsed onto the bed. Dean slowly traced his hand across Cas' lower stomach, erasing the harsh fingers of the man who had been there before him. Cas was finally his.