Chapter 1: Worst party ever

"Shit", I say when I see that I forgot my mascara at home.

I'm at my friend's house because we'll go to a party in an hour.

"What?" she asks

"I forgot my mascara."

"Just use mine, Mel. You're always so dramatic."

"That's not true." I answer, knowing that it's true.

An hour later we arrive at the party. The party is far from my home because I live in the opposite site of New York. That's why I always make a pit stop at my friend's cause 1. I hate arriving alone and 2. I hate driving so far alone.

"Did you see Devon already?" I ask my friend, her name is Leigh-Anne. Devon is my boyfriend. I don't know how we became a couple but for as far as I remember he always was a very good friend of mine. He always is so caring and I really love him for that.

"No, not yet. Let's first find Sarah." Sarah is our other friend.

When we arrive inside, we directly see Sarah. And in 5 minutes I see Devon.

"Hey Mel," he says, "How are you?" What? Wait.. He's doing so weird.. normally he never asks how it is going with me. Well, not just in that strange way.

"What? Are you drunk?" I ask, knowing what the answer will be.

"Maybe.. What is wrong being a bit drunk?" He probably just wanna belong with the cool guys. Great this party sucks now already.

"It's just.. you're so different when u are drunk and you're underage." We, my friends, Devon and me, all are still 17. We all sit in our senior year of high school.

"Everyone is doing it. Come on Mel, just have fun, take a drink too." What? Now he's asking me to drink?

"No, Dev, have fun on your own with the alcohol."

"Okay then I'll go." And before I know he's going to the 'Big room'. What? He would never go in there normally. In that room the music is so loud that you can't even hear your friends when you're shouting.

In a minute I'm back with Sarah and Leigh-Anne. They are talking about some stupid boy that they think is hot. They both don't have a boyfriend and for as far as I know not had them either. I know them my whole life. We changed but our friendship never broke. We all had some fights but we fix them easily. We all are so different but yet so the same.

"Mel, are you going with us to the 'Big room'?"

What? Really? This is officially the worse party of my life. I don't go to a lot but if I go, it's always fun. Some are more fun than others, but I always have fun. It's probably because it's the last day of October. Ok, that doesn't make sense but I really don't have another explanation.

"So are u coming or what?" They call me from the door of the 'Big room'.

"Yeah yeah."

When we are in the 'Big room' it's even worse than I thought. The music is so loud.

I see Devon.. What? He's dancing with another girl? Oh my god, you gotta be kidding me. I suddenly storm outside. Finally fresh air. You can hear the music but it's much more silent. It's cold but I don't care, it's anyway better than inside.

I'm only 5 minutes outside when Devon is here too.

"Why are you here?" He asks. He even dares to ask me that?

"Really? You still have to ask that? You're dancing with some stupid random girl in there!"

"You make it such a big deal when it's nothing."

"It is something Dev!"

"Okay, I'm sorry, it's probably because I'm drunk."

"I told you to not drink. So that's not an excuse."

"God Mel, you're so hard."

"What? So now this is all my fault?"

"Well maybe you can be a little less pathetic sometimes."

"Oh great well just go back inside. I don't wanna see you drunk anymore."

"Okay as you wish. Bye."

Well, that's the exact thing that I needed. This can't get any worse.

I sit down for a while.

"Hey." I hear someone say. I look up and that's when I see him. Oh no no.. Not that too.