Chapter 36: Retained

*Harry's POV*

Days pass in a slow rush. Day after day I have to do the same things: waking up, going to this address Ric gave me and getting the drugs, when I'm finally back with the drugs it's already late and another party starts. 

Ric is probably pissed at me for not being my used-self. But he must understand that I can't just change from one day to another. She's not one second out of my head, and I just can't help it. 

I'm lying on my - well actually it's not really mine - bed, staring at the clock on the wall. Seeing the seconds go by, knowing exactly what time, what day it is today. It's Wednesday, two weeks and a half since I've last seen her. And I still have two weeks and a half before I'm part of a murder. 

I still haven't a plan to stop Ricarl's idea of me being a part of a murder. That's way over the line, but what can I do? I have nothing in defense, nothing. He's powerful and I'm vulnerable. Fuck. I hate to be this way. 

She came across and everything changed. My behaviour, my state, my reactions, my emotions, everything. And a part of me knows that it's good she came across, that without her I would have been nothing, but then there's the other part of me that wishes she didn't came across, that this would have all been so much easier if this game of Ric would have just been between him and me, but now she's the center of all of this. Without her this wouldn't be this hard. 

And I'm still staring at the ultra-modern-clock on the wall. In exactly twelve minutes and twenty-four seconds I have to go get the drugs of as Ric call it "my little adventure". 

He's probably still sleeping somewhere at a chick's house. This apartment is more mine than his. The first week I was here, he was here twenty-four seven, but now I only see him at the parties I have to go to. He probably didn't trust me enough in the beginning. I like it way more this way though. Not being constantly reminded by the fact that I have to put her out of my head. 

Five more minutes, and I have to sit in my car, so I get out of the bed, take an apple with me and go downstairs. 

At first, every little detail reminded me of Melanie, but after a while, I pushed the thoughts away. Maybe it's better to just do what Ric says, to forget about her. I'm no good to her? Look what I did to her. I put her in more fear, more danger, than before. I'm selfish. 

I'm sitting in the car, not my car though, it's Ricarl's. Maybe for the best. I start the motor and begin driving my ritual. Thirty minutes later, I cross Melanie's house, again a reminder . . . I look quickly back towards the road, and ninety minutes later, I reach the place, just out of the city. 

The place is a small house, on the verge of collapsing and only useful for the drug trafficking. I knock four times and the same creep as always opens the door. He's stoned as fuck, as always and he can't wait to just go back into his bed. He's fair-skinned and has dark brown hair. He's very lean and he's wearing just a simple T-shirt and a jogging. 

"Harry right?" He asks, like always. His voice is very raspy and deep. 

"Yeah." 

"You got the money?"

I hand him the money and he gives me the drugs in return. I leave immediately after the trade and start my car again. The two-hour drive is making me crazy when I see blue lights lightening the city. Fuck.

A police officer with a big dog beside him orders me to stop. The dog starts immediately nosing, after ten seconds the animal barks and I know that I'm caught. Damn, can this hole thing any worse? The officer is giving signs towards the other cops and is saying things I can't understand and five cops are instantly getting in action. They all grab their gun like I'm a criminal. And I know I'm in deep trouble.

The main officer, I think, knocks two times on my window while shouting "Police. Come out of your vehicle. We know what you're transporting!" 

I step out of my car with both of my hands up. "I can explain." I say, without knowing an explanation.

"You can explain after we've done the search for real." The cop answers angry. And I sigh with relief for having more time to think about an explanation. 

Six cops in total are investigating the car of Ric, while I'm thinking about an explanation. 

After a minute or three the police officer from in the beginning walks towards me. "Well young man, you're in deep trouble." 

"I told you, I can explain." 

"You better have a good explanation. You can follow me towards the van." He says on a neutral tone.

The man grabs me firmly by my upper arm and leads me towards the van. When we get in, I see another man sitting on a bench. The man takes me over from the police officer who is now sitting just across to me. 

"Your idea and driving license please." The officer demands without looking at me. I hand him the papers and he starts writing all kinds of things. After five minutes he tells "You can start your explanation." 

"Well here's the thing, sir. I have no idea what you've found in that car and well because of the fact that that car doesn't belong to me. A friend of mine asked me this morning if I could drive his car back to him. He said he was busy and hadn't the time to go get his car. You see sir, I'm totally innocent." I tell the officer, and I must admit I'm pretty proud at myself for making that up. 

"It may all be true what you're saying right now, but how do we know you're not lying?" The officer asks. 

"The car papers must lie in the car, and I can assure you that's not my name who's upon those papers." 

"Alright young man, I'm going to let my men check that, and if it's true what you're saying right now, you can go."

"Thank you sir." I tell him in relief. 

After twenty minutes sitting in that god damned van, who is one too small and two way too hot, the police officer starts speaking again. "Well Harry, you're lucky that your friend let the papers in the car, cause otherwise you could have been into some serious trouble." 

"I know sir, I'm sorry.. I just didn't know my friend was doing illegal things." 

"One thing Harry, do you know maybe where your friend, Steve Tate, might be at this certain moment?" 

Waow Ric, you're really prepared for everything. "No sir, I'm sorry, I'm afraid not."

(I'm so sorry guys I didn't post for a long while! I've been so busy with school and stuff that I don't have a lot of time. I hope I can post the next chapter soon, but I can't promise you anything. I hope you likes this chapter anyway, there will happen a lot of things in the next chapters!! :D Love y'all XOXO)