Chapter 24: Sarah has a boyfriend?

The sun is already getting down when I and Harry walk out of the huge apartment block. I don't know what it took to be this late already. Maybe it were the tears that kept streaming. Maybe it was the truth of my mom that was longer than I thought. I only know that my knowledge of time was completely gone.

I took a fast look at my phone and it was already five pm. There are no missed calls and only one text of Leigh-Anne asking me where I was. It feels sad that people aren't worrying about me, it feels like I'm all alone. I know I'm not though. I know that the people who care about me just don't ask me because they know I will always be fine on my own. I don't need them, although I maybe do right now.

Even in this crowded streets, where cars are hooting and people running pell-mell. Even in this street where there is nothing of the nature, only high skyscrapers and dirty exhaust. Even here you can just look up at the sky and admire his beauty. The beauty of freedom.

I follow Harry towards his car, who has his own spot. I step in the vehicle without saying a word. But as weird as it is I'm smiling. There's a smile on my face, whose cheeks are wet from crying and whose eyes are swollen. And when I sit on the passenger seat, I look over at Harry and surprisingly this boy is wearing a smile too.

He starts the car and we're sitting in silent for ten minutes. I watching people and wondering what they would do tonight and he looking at the road. As ten minutes pass I know I have to say something. Well not really have to, but I realize that it will get awkward if I don't.

"What really happened to me last night? After I told you I would open up?" The question was already spinning in my head from this morning, but due to the rush this day has been so far, it's only now that i'm bringing it up.

"I told you already, I drove you to my home and laid you in my bed." He simply answers.

"No I mean.. Did I tell you something else? I can remember I did tell you something, but it's all vague."

"Yeah, you did. But it wasn't really something important." If he's lying he's certainly good in it. If the planned-me wasn't present I would just leave it. But as my stubborn-me always wants to know every detail, so I want to know this.

"What was it?" It's not in a pushing way I'm asking it, more slowly but still determining.

"You said the same thing as you said back in the apartment." He answers. What does he mean? Same thing? I said so many things. But due to the fact that he doesn't want to repeat the words, I soon enough figure out what it is.

"You mean.. I told you I loved you?" I ask insecure, although I'm almost certain that it was that. I already remembered something vaguely.

"Yeah," He smiles. I should be worried about the fact that he didn't want to repeat the words, but it stays Harry right?

"What was your answer?" A little giggle escapes.

"I love you too." His smile is getting wider. He searches for my eyes a second later and I answer them with a smile. Hoping that the couple of seconds him not looking at the road, wouldn't be my last.

A minute passes before he opens his mouth again. "Why were you with Sarah that day though?" The question surprises me, but it's nice to actually have a subject to talk about. I don't answer immediately and he tries to explain himself. "Well I mean, normally you would talk about your problems with Leigh-Anne, so I was just wondering. You don't need to say it, though." I giggle, seeing he's trying not to mess anything up.

I know he's avoiding to talk about this day, and I'm thankful he does. For a moment, I just don't wanna think about it all.

"She met this boy on that party and she already asked me for days to catch up. So it was kind of my duty to go meet her. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but hey.. without her we woudn't be sitting here, probably." I wink.