Chapter 17: End or beginning?

"That's the thing! I don't know! I don't know or loving someone after one week is even possible." He's right.. I don't understand that either. "That's why we should separate for a while.. Just to find out or the love inside us is real." He cannot be serious! He was the one wanting this date!

"God no! Stop! Separate? We aren't even together!" I shout. We're standing just opposite each other, with the table between us.

It's weird how we came from screaming to not screaming anymore to back screaming to each other.

"Mel," I melt by hearing his perfect accent pronouncing my name, but I don't let him see it. "Don't overreact now please." I don't know what the difference is between him telling me that I overreact or Devon, but him saying it is making me think about it twice.

Do I overreact? Isn't it a normal response? He is telling to actually end it.. Well not really end it.. But it is in essence though, right? I was the one who wanted it to end before, but I couldn't.; I couldn't because of him, because of Harry. And now he wants to end it?

"So you're just putting an end to it?"

*Harry's POV*

What? Where does that come from? What is she deluding herself? What is it in her head making all conclusions that are not making sense?

"No, Mel! No not an end.. Just a break.."

"Why a break when you already know that this will not end?" She tells me. It makes sense, but still, we both need time.. Time to find out what love is. Although I know that I will never know what it is exactly.

I don't know how to answer. A silence is taking over the room.

Seconds pass like minutes. We both are standing silent, not knowing what to say. She's looking angry, but you can see an awkwardness beneath it.

I step towards her, not thinking.. My feet go and my mind doesn't know what to think from it. She stays silent, not moving an eye.

I grab her chin and point it towards mine. Her eyes, now, move from the ground into mine. Just like on the staircase. But now I will not look away, no.

Now I do what I had to do on the staircase. What I already have wanted to do after I kissed her on that party. Kissing her again.

My lips press against hers and hers against mine. The adrenaline is flowing through my whole body, just like it did exactly one week ago. I close my eyes to feel it better. I take the upper hand and she follows. I don't push my tongue in her mouth, cause I know that if I would do that, she will immediately stop.

It feels like we're the only people in the entire world. I know that if the world would break right now I wouldn't even notice.

She stops and I open my eyes. her eyes are not open yet. It's like she wants to understand, but she can't. I cannot understand it either.

She opens her eyes a second later and swallows. Of course she does, this is her first real kiss, I just know it. Maybe she kissed Devon.. But it will have been nothing in compare with this.

"Wow" She pronounces, not knowing how to break the silence.

"Yeah, you can say that." I say quickly.

"So.. What does that mean?" It surprises me that she can recover so quickly. I thought she would be more off guard. But maybe she was hoping that I would kiss her.

"I don't know.." I answer honestly. My mind is keeping telling me to keep the distance, but I can't

She doesn't replie. She doesn't know what to say either.