Chapter 23: More secrets

*Harry's POV*

"Melanie." My mother interrupted me in a surprising way.

How does my mother know her? I have completely no idea. I must say I was a bit worried when I hear my parents come home. They really couldn't choose a worse moment. This is all such a rush and I'm scared Melanie will break. Whatever the reason is my mother knows her, it will not help her process the fact that she just told her deepest secrets. She needs time to clear up her mind right now, but no.. my mother really had to interrupt the moment.

My mom used to be a psychologist, but now you shouldn't tell that she is one. She should had seen that this wasn't the perfect moment.

"How-how do you know my name?" Melanie stumbles after a few seconds of silence. Everyone had opened their eyes. Even my unemotional dad.

"I knew your mother.. Beatrice." My mother answers her. Great. Really fucking great. Can this go any worse? 

"Mom.. This isn't the right time." I say after I checked on Melanie who was in a state where she could every single moment faint out. 

"No tell me.." She answers my mom quietly, her eyes focusing on the ground. The room is filled with air, but nobody dares to even breathe. Even my dad is feeling uncomfurtable next to my mom who finally realizes that this wasn't a good time. I, on my side, doesn't feel out of place or anything. I feel worried. I can shoot my mom right now. As strong as Melanie is trying to hold her, I know that it's almost too much. 

"Maybe you should first sit down and drink some water that you can recover from the shock, dear." My mom says sweetly. She's feeling guilty. Justly. 

My mother guides Melanie towards the seat as if she's blind and hands her a glass of water. I'm soon enough sitting next to Melanie, scared of saying the wrong thing, so I don't say anything. My father walks quietly towards another room and my mom is sitting in the opposite seat, her eyes watching Melanie. She's quietly finishing her glass.

"How do you know my mom, ma'am?" Melanie says haltingly and confused. But mostly scared, scared for not being able to hold it all anymore.

"Call me Anne please." My mother smiles guilty. Seconds pass before she speaks again. "Maybe this wasn't the right time to bring it up. We can talk about this another time, Melanie. Go home, dear. Get some sleep and try to give it all a place in your head. It seems like you've been through a lot lately.." She luckily got her brain back in time. Although, it would have been better if she could get it back a few minutes ago.

"Anne, please tell me now. I will not get any sleep if you don't tell me. My brain won't want to have any rest until I know it." Melanie says calmly and it scares me a little bit, but I also know that she's right about not having any sleep. So whenever this will be told, it only has disadvantages.

My mom's eyes are trying to find an answer on what she should do by looking at me. I shake my head no while saying with no sound, "This really wasn't a good time." 

"I know I'm sorry." she answers my without any sound so Melanie won't hear it. 

I just shake my head no and wave my hand through my hair abruptly. 

"Anne.." Melanie speaks, urging my mother to tell her.

"Okay, dear. But tell me if it gets too much. We can also continue another time." My mom pronounces and Melanie nods. I sigh, scared of what will come.

"I used to be a psychologist and your my mom was a patient of mine." I want to tell her to stop, but Melanie will just ignore me and tell my mom to continue. She's getting pale, she's confused and sad, but she wants to know the full story.