Chapter 26: Time passes by quickly

*Harry's POV*

"Why the fuck doens't she answer her phone?!" I shout out loud in my way too big bedroom, throwing my phone on my bed, not caring if it would be broken.

I'm trying to call Melanie already for an hour. Her shift normally end at nine, and now it's already ten. I swear to God, if someone is shit doing to her in the dark streets of New York, he better not come near me.

She really has to quit this job, the sooner the better. It's making me fucking paranoid. I've never been a big fan of that job of hers and she knew that, so she really should know, she should better answer me from the moment I call her after that shift of hers. Every drunk asshole is staring at her and her boss is even worse.

I decide to just go look for her, waiting for her to respond any of my calls is useless. Maybe she's getting raped? Maybe someone is kidnapping her? So I better get the fuck in my car right now, instead of keep calling her.

The drive is longer than ever. It feels like four hours instead of one. But thankful that it's Saturday night and not a Monday morning or the drive would really took me four hours.

I determine to start at Brinkers, I just don't know where else to start looking for her. New York is full of small alleys, especially in this part of New York, so hopefully she's still at Brinkers.

I walk in the small pub and the smell of smoke comes into my nostrils. A few drunkards move their eyes towards the door, but they're already eyeing back at their drink.

The place is full, but I don't see Melanie anywhere. I'm both happy and anxious, happy because she's not working between these creeps and anxious because.. where else would she be?

Her boss almost reaches me, but I take my heel and close the door behind me. As the door falls in his lock, I'm standing frozen in the dark street. The sun from earlier this week is nowhere to be found, winter really has started. That's making this way more complicated.

As I walk towards my car a way too familiar face appears out of nowhere. Fuck, what's he doing here?

"Ric, what the fuck?" I say.

"Styles! Nice to see you too man!"

"Not now, I'm in a hurry." I pronounce, trying to step around him, but he stops me with a smirk. That fucking smirk of him.

"Oh I see, I see.. You're looking for that girl of yours, isn't it?" He, again, laughs stupidly.

"What did you do to her?!" I shout, my fists clenching beside me.

"Wow, easy man. I didn't do anything! She's quite a shy type.. What are you planning to do with her?"

"I'm not planning to do anything with her! What the fuck is wrong with you?! I would never hurt her!"

"Aww.. So cute!" He sarcastically remarks, making a silly smile again.

"Where's she?!" I demand.

"Chill, I don't have her! She returned homewards some hours ago.." He takes a pause, but continues. "But you know.. If you're not joining the club, she will never return homewards again."

"Be careful I don't murder you before New Year's Eve!" I call him out, but he just laughs and leaves the spot, making me stand alone in this dark street.

A couple of long minutes goes by, deciding whether or not to stop by Melanie's house. There could still have happened something on her way going home, but she also can be asleep peacefully.

As much as I want to know or she's safe or not, there's something in me that's not making me go by her house. It's probably my fucking character that is not caring enough, my fucking ego that is needing to keep my status the same as it always has been.