Chapter 14: Another chance?

*Harry's POV*

 "Styles!" I hear someone scream in the small coffee shop where I'm sitting. After the weird reaction of Melanie, I came here. She was reacting so weird. I only said one stupid sentence and she's acting like this. What is her problem? She's so light tempered.

The reason that I came to this coffee shop, which is named 'Coffee Please', is because the sign outside said they would have the strongest coffee in the world. And that's the exact thing I need, after I've had the worst sleep in my life. That couch of that man was more a wooden shelf than an actual couch. 

"What's up man, are you ignoring me?" The person says with a smirk when I don't respond. That's actually the exact thing that I was doing, ignoring him. His name is Rick. We met each other only two days after I moved here. He's not really a friend, just somebody I used to hang out with.

I haven't seen him in a while, probably because he's in college. He doesn't seem like someone who's in college. He has this blonde hair upon his shoulders and a ringlet through his nose. His style is not comparable to the usual college boy. His clothes are, as he calls it, vintage.

"Really, Styles, I haven't seen you in ages and when I run into you, you're ignoring me? That's not the way you handle a person who could let you in every party in this city." Great, now he brings up that again. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask him avoiding his remark.

"Watching elephants." He says; laughing at his own stupid joke. I hate his sarcasm, he obviously isn't changed in the two years I know him.

"Funny." I respond dryly. I'm not really in the mood to laugh, not that I would laugh at his joke anyway. 

What should I do with Melanie? She just got in my head and there's no way to get her out of there. That kiss that I had with her a week ago was so extraordinary. The feeling I got was more than just good. It was amazing, maybe even more than that. I can't describe it. But the way my body reacted on the way our lips connected was phenomenally. 

I know it was wrong to blame God for it. Fucking God. That one stupid sentence ruined everything. I ruined it again, although her reaction wasn't correct. 

"So what is going on in your life?" Rick asks after an awkward silent. It wasn't awkward for me, but I can see it on his face that it was for him. We never really had like a man-to-an conversation, we always saw each other on parties. This is actually the first time that I see him somewhere else than on a party.

"Nothing really." I say, trying not to have a conversation with him. The faster he's out of here, the better. I'm not in the mood for any taking. 

"You look tired." Big surprise.

"You're serious." I respond. 

"Why?" He asks. Why does he want to know? He's not my friend. "It is a girl right? I've been there." Is he a fucking psychologist or what?

"Not your fucking business." I say on a harsh tone, hoping that I made it clear to not want a conversation with him. 

"One advice, when you love her, do whatever you need to do to get her back, because you won't find another girl that you love so soon." What is his problem? I don't love Melanie. 

"I don't love her so you can go now." I say with a smile on my face. I can almost laugh with the word 'love' coming out my mouth. 

"Just trying to help you man." He says and walks out of the small coffee shop with two coffees in his hands. Finally. 

Just as the door closes, my phone starts to ring. It's an unknown number. Who wants to bother me now? 

"Harry?" The voice asks. The voice is still clear in my mind. It's Melanie. How did she get my number? And why is she calling me?