Bad Times

"Papyruuus?" Plume calls again, sounding more desperate this time. He heads to Paps room whilst I check downstairs. I immediately notice a note on the front door, reading it.

Brother! (And Angel) I saw the other Angel go towards Firefly falls. I didn't want to interrupt your training so I'm going to make them change their mind about hurting our friends. I'll see you at dinner big brother! Love, The Great Papyrus. Paps had written to us.

"Oh no oh no! Papyyyyy!!" I wail as I fly out the door, hoofing it to the Waterfall of this world. A blizzard gets stronger the closer I get to waterfall, drowning out my calls for Papyrus.

The wind carries Papyrus's voice to me.

"Please Angel~ You don't have to do this. Please. I just want to go home to my brother, please!" I hear Papyrus beg. The blizzard splits apart, allowing me to see a different version of my younger self, crushing his throat with her foot. I activate my magic, getting a surprise as Plume Sans and my Sans grab a hold of me, keeping me back.

Sans pulls me into his chest whilst the other covers my ears. I feel both of them jerk at the same time. I look up at Sans with tear filled eyes.

"Why? Why didn't you let me stop them. Paps..... What if that was Humana!" I sob.

"Frisk. We can't let that demon attach to you. You are much stronger now that you are older, you'd be more of a threat than your smaller self. Your smaller selves don't know about your magic eye either, please let it stay that way" Sans replies smoothly.

"Even at the.... Cost of Humana" Sans voice quivers for a second.

He didn't like it either.....

"He's right. Unfortunately" my Gaster whispers solemnly.

"Sis~ It's okay!" Fynn exclaims. He was holding little Paps in his arms. Plume immediately asks to hold the sleeping bundle, completely mystified, Fynn carefully transfers Paps to his brother.

"Thankyou for bringing my brother back, Fynn. I truly appreciate this...." Plume walks back to his home, tears flowing down his cheekbones.

"Let's go and take care of everyone your other self kills before we have to go back, okay?" Sans smiles, I nod slowly.

We go to head off after my younger self.

"Wait! Just.... Sans" I murmur, turning him back to face me. I grab his cheekbones and pull his head down and kiss his forehead.

"P- please don't hold it in. I'm here too you know. If you need someone to cry on" I stammer. Sans just keeps smiling.

"I'll cry later kiddo. I don't have that luxury, let's go" he gently intertwines his hand in mine and pulls me along. Fynn follows.

VIOLENT TIMESKIP

When my younger self finally goes to sleep and we've revived everyone, it's finally time to return to our own world.

We visit Plume and Paps one last time to farewell them, then Fynn and I go through the portal Gaster creates for us, since Sans would just have to wake up.

"Woaaaah! Sis what ARE you wearing? You too Fynn! It's gorgeous. Like angels clothing or something" Fera gasps.

"Fynn, could you explain" I murmur as I see Sans waking up. I grab his hand when he extends it to me, and he teleports us to a large meadow. He takes a quick glance around the meadow, then he buries his face into my neck and just heave sobs for a long long time.

"I wish it didn't have to be that way. I wish we could stop the demon all together. But nobody knows how to permanently stop them. Their physical body is all gone..... I can only grab them when they're inside someone with a soul. That person can reset. It's hopeless! Another endless cycle of killing. Sometimes I wonder why I even stay alive.... " he sobs softly.