Incoming

"Wow it's hot in here..... And is that dude made out of fire? That's so freakin cool!" Leif whispers.

"That's Grillby~" I beam, noticing that Leifs glasses had fogged up, he shifts them up to hold back his hair a little.

"Hey Frisk! Who have you brought here with you today?" Grillby asks curiously, already making my normal order.

"This is my friend, Leif" I grin, patting Leifs back softly while making sure his wound is okay.

"Undyne and Alphys came in the other day. They told me your father broke out of prison again and attacked you. You must be THAT Leif. The one who protected our dear Frisk, Undyne is quite enamoured with you and your noble sacrifice. Said that if the royal guard was still a thing, she would invite you" Grillby smiles, Leif blushes.

"All I did was react like a gentleman should. Is it really worth praise?" He stammers bashfully.

"Yes!" All the monsters in the bar exclaim.

"They love me. A lot." I giggle, showing Leif the menu. He smiles at me.

"You are quite lovable, kiddo. I'm not suprised" he ruffles my hair and orders, immediately going to pay Grillby for the meal. Grillby doesn't accept the payment, saying that this round is on the house.

"Wow. This is really good....." Leif looks amazed as he bites into his burger, almost crying.

"Grillbys is the best" I grin, demolishing my own burger.

"You said it. It's so warm and cosy. It seems to have this family feel to it even though it looks like a bar" Leif gets this look in his eyes, I can't describe it.

"Are you okay?" I murmur.

"Hmm? Y-yeah. I'm good kiddo" he replies.

We thank Grillby when we're done eating our glorious food, then we head home. It looks like Sans has dropped off some homework for me, so I go and do it whilst Leif somewhat assists and somewhat reads a book, without his glasses on.

"Are you far-sighted? Or near-sighted?" I ask.

"Huh? My sight?" He cocks his head.

"Yeah. You always wear your glasses. But can you read without them?" I blush a little bit as I look right into his eyes, somewhat falling into them.

"My vision is perfect. I just don't want anyone seeing my eyes when I get angry. People freaked out and called me Satan last time, so I found these glasses. They also make me look comical, so it's a win win situation" he grins.

Oh god I feel like Cupid just shot a ton of arrows through my soul, with his smile. My heart aches terribly, he's just like Sans....

Is my heart really going to replace him, just like that?

Later....

"Are you sure you'll be alright on the couch?" Leif frets as I make sure he stays in his bed.

"I'll be fiiiine~ I can sleep almost anywhere" I giggle, pulling his blankets up, much to his embarrassment. I sit on the couch in his room and disappear into the blankets placed on it, Leif flicks the lamp off, then we both sleep.

I find myself slipping into a dark place. Not the void. It's not that cold, but I did sense something dangerous in the darkness.

Glowing red eyes appear, far in the distance, locking on to me as I sink into dark sand. Leif comes along, extending his hand to me, a smile upon his face. I couldn't smile, I knew that danger was coming for us, I desperately try to scream at Leif to run, but I was choking on the darkness.