School Trip

"Oh! Who is this Frisk?" My physics teacher, Mr Pedz asks as I arrive at the bus with Gaster behind me.

"Dr. W.D Gaster. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance Mr...?" Gaster extends his hand.

"Stewart Pedz. A pleasure, doctor" my teacher smiles, we enter the bus and take a seat at the back.

"Are you gonna be okay wearing that much black? Now that you're in a human body? What's it like" I ask.

"You're right, it is rather stuffy. Don't get me wrong, we can feel heat and cold as skeletons, but it's more uncomfortable as a human" Gaster grizzles, taking his black coat off.

"Oh Frisk! I noticed you were wearing a non-regulation necklace. Do you have a note for it?" Mr Pedz asks, I grip the jar tightly. I had forgotten!

"S- sorry sir. I forgot", I stammer. He sighs.

"You know I have to confiscate it" he holds his hand out.

"I would advise against that.... Her mother and even I tried to take that jar off of her. It did NOT end well" Gaster murmurs.

"I really am sorry for that Gaster..... I know he's your son but... I just can't" I tremble.

"I understand. He entrusted his soul to you alone. Lumina and I cannot go against his wishes" Gaster awkwardly pats my head.

"So that's someone you loved.... I'm sorry Frisk. I'll give a heads up to the other teachers, okay. Just. Next time remember to bring a note" Mr Pedz apologizes, I nod silently. I ease my grip as we head to the lab.

Everyone clamours out of the bus and we all sort ourselves into groups of fives, not including our parents in that number. We head into the lab in our groups.

Gaster looks around the place and starts explaining things to me before we even get the guides to guide us through, he was like a child in a candy store. I wonder if Sans would have this same reaction.

"Sorry for leaving you guys hanging out here. I had to set up the room you guys will be visiting first. How many people here have begun developing magical capabilities?" One of the scientists come our way.

His hair was.... Interesting. Very messy and wild, white too! Except for the tips that were an icy blue, I wonder if it was the result of an experiment gone wrong?

He was pretty young and barely taller than I. He looked like a complete nerd in his lab coat. Not to mention the ridiculous, large glasses he was wearing.

Yeesh.

"You! With the closed eyes. Are you paying attention? Your guardian has been waving his hand in your face for quite some time now" he mutters.

"Oh! Sorry I was just thinking how out of place you looked around here" I reply, blushing when I realise I said that out loud. The other people in my class seem to silently agree with me, though.

"Can't help how one was born, kid. Let's head into the room. I'm sure your guardian can explain what we're doing in there" the guy waves me off and takes our group into the room.

"This room has different physical states inside it that'll screw with everyone else's magic, but ours" Gaster grins cheekily as I look at the random holographic equations floating in the room.

"First ones to figure out how to control their magic or these ink balls and hit those two targets up there in the dead centre, wins a box of chocolates each. The equations to figure out the different states in the room are given. You can use these note pads to calculate" the scientist hands us note pads.