Chapter Eleven

My Point of View 

Looks like whoever texted me sent a picture... 

Out of no where, my phone buzzed in my hand. A call form the same unknown number. Reluctantly, I answered. "H-hello?" 

"My best friend has been on his phone all day, frowning, laughing, tearing up, sighing, and completely not even in this universe. Care to explain?" Tyler. It was Tyler. He sounded...angry. 

"Look, I didn't tell him to spam my phone all day long. I actually told him the opposite so don't even blame Josh's raging emotions on me." 

I heard a heavy sigh. "Kid, listen..." It bothered me that Tyler just called me that. That was....that was Josh's thing. But it's not like I care- I hate him. "Josh has worn himself paper thin trying all day long just for anything from you. And I would like my best friend and band mate back. He was a jerk. He knows this and he's beating himself up for it. I meant what I said last night you know, so I swear I am not taking sides." 

"I can't forgive that easily, Tyler I-" 

"If you'd just give Josh one more chance I know- Tyler? Tyler who are you talking to?! - No one, Josh! - Are you talking to her?!

I just sat on my bed as they went back and fourth, Josh's voice was muffled, Tyler's voice began to get distorted from his increase in volume. Rolling my eyes, I huffed and breathed, "Bye Tyler, bye Josh." I pulled the phone from my ear and hung up. 

He called a second later. I declined it, and then left my room, leaving my phone there. What I saw stopped me. The breath was knocked out of my lungs and I gasped for new oxygen. 

Sarah. She was in a wheelchair. She was home. My entire body shook from head to toe, and I ran to her, and embraced her as tears spilled. She sobbed and hugged me back. I loved her. I loved her so much. I'd go to a million of the dumbest concerts in the world for her. I'd take a grenade, a bullet, a knife in the gut, and anything else for her. She was home. My big sis was home. 

XxxxX 

Mom and Dad were grocery shopping and left me in charge to make dinner. I have absolutely no cooking skills but I know how to make spaghetti, so that's what I'm making. Not to mention it's Sarah's favorite food. 

I was stirring the sauce when something cold and sticky hit the back of my neck and I jumped, sauce splattering on the floor and the wall, and my face. I spun around to see Sarah giggling, handful of cold spaghetti. 

Smiling, I dipped my hand in water and she squealed and pleaded, but I flicked it on her. 

...And so the fight began. 

I didn't laugh, but I wanted to. It's one of those things where you truly want to do something but everything involved in the action doesn't always work together to make it happen. But she was laughing, and at the moment, that's all that matters to me.