Twenty Four

Corey's POV:
It was getting close to the end of the year, summer was right around the corner. Alessia and I had been together for five months now and it was great. I'm a little embarrassed to say, but this has been the longest a relationship has ever lasted for me.

Luckily, Caroline didn't get anywhere with Jack after that ridiculous dinner.

Prom was coming soon. It was less than a month away. Obviously I was going to ask Alessia but I didn't know how.

"So how do I do it?" I asked Johnny and Billy. "What do you mean just ask her she's your girlfriend. If anything it should be easier for you." He said. "Yeah I guess you're right. I'll think of something. So have any of you heard from Ryan?"
"What do you mean?" Billy said. "I haven't talked to him in almost a month. Since that time I saw him getting it on with Jenna." I said. "Jenna? What are you talking about? You didn't hear she's with Matt?" Johnny said as if I were stupid. "Well no... how I am supposed to know?!"
"Well she said Ryan was only a one time thing."
"Figures." I mumbled. "At least it's not Jack he's just trying to get into everyone's pants." I said wincing at the thought of him. "Corey so many girls want you to ask them to prom you know that?" Johnny giggled. I looked around me as we walked down the hallway. Girls were staring at me. "Yeah I know." I said cockily. But I didn't really care cause I have Alessia. I used to love the attention of all the girls staring at me and shit. Obviously not because I'm with Alessia but also because something changed when I became closer with her. She's the only girl I wanted looking at me. "But none of them are going to hear anything from me about prom." I said. "Tell that to them." Billy laughed. "Make them cry!" They laughed some more. "I don't even care if they do." I laughed in all honesty.

That night Alessia and I were going on a date. I threw on a leather coat and glasses and and sat on the hood of my car waiting for her. Headlines by Drake was playing and I tied my shoe while I waited for her. Holy shit she always took so long to get ready. She came out looking beautiful as hell, I sat there resting my elbows on my knees.

 She came out looking beautiful as hell, I sat there resting my elbows on my knees

"Finally you only took forever." I said putting my glasses on the edge of my nose. "Geez Corey don't you know I'm trying to look good for you." She smiled. "You kidding? You don't have to try you look hot all the time." I nodded. "Oh stop." She said blushing. She always did that when I complimented her. "Get in Corey Haim." She said throwing her bag in my car. I got in and she noticed she sat on something. This was super lame but I'm not creative and we're already together anyway so I took a Bristol board wrote Prom with a question mark. She took it from underneath her. "What's this?" She said opening and reading it. "Yeah I know it's lame." I said resting my forehead on my palm. "Are you asking me to prom?" She said with raised eyebrows. "Well... yeah." I shrugged. "I didn't know how else to ask."
"Corey you're so cute. Who else would I be going with?" She said leaning on me. "I know I just wanted to ask you anyway. I figured I didn't need to do a big thing for it but maybe I should have." I said still feeling silly.
"No this is good enough. I don't need a big thing anyway." We drove off to the movies and I couldn't be happier.