Twelve

Corey's POV:
It was Halloween and probably the most boring day of my life. Cindy was going out with her friends and my mom was headed to her friends place so I stayed home by myself. Bored out of my mind I went to the phone to call Alessia.

"Hi, come over." I said. "Hello to you too Corey." She laughed. "You want me to come over?"
"Yeah if you're not doing anything. I'm home alone and bored out of my mind. Come we'll watch a movies."
"Okay lemme just ask."

About 30 minutes later she came. "Geez you're fast." I said closing the door behind her. "Too fast for you?"
"Nope no one ever is." I said in a cocky tone. "So do you wanna watch Halloween or Insidious?"
"I don't know. I haven't seen any of them. Which ever one is less scary I guess." She said as we sat down beside each other on the couch. "The hell? You haven't seen any of them?!"
"No..."
"Are you too scared to watch them?" I teased. "Hell no!" She defended and I could tell she was chicken about horror movies. "Okay fine I'm scared of horror movies but we're not watching any until you make sure the door is locked." She said assertively. "Okay, okay," I said getting up and locking it. "Happy now?"
"Yes." She said adjusting her hair. I plopped back on the couch beside her and started the movie. She took the pillow that was beside her and hugged it and put it just under her nose.

"Someone's scared

"Someone's scared." I said surprising my laugh. "Well duh it's a scary movie." She said. "You've got a lot of sass for an innocent looking girl."
"Is that bad?"
"No it's hot." I said making her blush. "Guys like that ya know."
"Who does?"
"No one in particular. I'm just saying." I shrugged.

A jump scare came on to the screen making her scream. "Oh my god!" She whimpered. I laughed. "It's not funny Corey." She said have laughing and half whining. "Oh it is. Don't worry I'll protect you." I said teasing.

A little while later another pop up came scaring the shit of her her. She jumped bringing her knees up with them landing on my thighs. "Sorry." She said shyly removing herself from me. "Why are you apologizing?" I said looking at her. "Uh, I don't know... I invaded your personal space." She said crossing her arms and legs. "Who said I had personal space." I said. "You're right." She smiled back. I don't know what it was but Alessia always seemed to put me in a certain mood. A good one.

About half way into the movie and my phone buzzed and I got excited seeing that it was Connie. She said she wanted to go on a date tonight. FINALLY I thought but... I couldn't go Alessia was here. Shit I thought. I was about to text her back saying I couldn't but what if this the only time she could go out? I couldn't turn down a first date... she would think im uninterested. But then I thought about Alessia... oh my god. That means I'd be ditching her again... she definitely would never talk to me again. But maybe she'd understand, I mean I would if I were her. This was going to be hard to break to her. I felt guilty as hell I looked over at her. She looked really into the movie. Fuck, I felt like an asshole before I even started talking. Fuck it I thought. I took a deep breath and texted Connie back saying I'd meet her in a half an hour. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie. I sighed. "Alessia..." I said feeling so bad. "Yeah?" She said tilting her head looking concerned by the way I got her attention.

"Uhh something came up and I know you're going to hate me but I hope you understand and if not then it's okay I can cancel cause I know I'm kind of an ass and I'd really hate to make you feel-""What is it?!" She said cutting off my blabbering

"What is it?!" She said cutting off my blabbering. I sighed. "Connie just asked me out on a date and I can say no even though I said yes, but it would look real bad on me if I turned down the first date she may think I'm not interested." She went quiet for a moment making me feel so bad. "I thought you weren't that interested." She said sounding disappointed.  "Well no I am I just don't know how far I want to go with her so this date will determine that." There was a moment of silence. "I can not go it's okay."
"No it's okay you obviously wanna go." She said looking down fiddling with her sleeve. She implied that I'd rather spend time with Connie than her. "Alessia it's not like that." She got up to go to the door. "Corey I'm sorry but I don't know what to think anymore."

"I swear it's not you know I love being around you this just came up and I don't want to look bad by saying no to a first date

"I swear it's not you know I love being around you this just came up and I don't want to look bad by saying no to a first date. But I can if you really want me to."
"Don't make it about me."
"Alessia honestly I can. I'd rather cancel on her then make you upset." She paused and thought for a moment and sighed. "Okay. I understand. Go ahead." She said with a straight face looking a little less mad. "Are you sure?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks so much you're the best." I said. "I promise I'll make it up to you again I'm so sorry you can give me a good ass whooping when I get back." I said making her smile a little. "It's okay it's fine." I felt so shitty.
"Kay, again I'm really sorry I'll tell you how it goes."
"Okay have a good time." She said walking out. "Bye." I said grabbing her by her waist and pulling her into a hug catching her off guard. She smelt like a mix of flowers and vanilla. Not gonna lie I didn't want to let go of her. "Goodnight." I smiled. "Goodnight." She said. She looked quite pretty walking off into the night. "You gonna be okay by yourself?" I saw her nod and take off. Even though she was okay with it I still felt that she wasn't and I still felt like an ass. Snapping out of my thoughts I ran upstairs and got ready.