14th Act: Some things never change

It was an ordinary morning at the Oedo family house. Minoru and Tetsu (Oedo's family Tetsu) were trying to wake up Kumiko as every other morning. Some things never changed. Like Kumiko's waking habits.

"Ojou, It's Minoru ...just let me breathe." poor Minoru complained as Yankumi had him under her grip tightly as she was being awoken by Minoru.

Shin was brushing his teeth, leaning against their bedroom door. He felt just lucky that he never had to wake her up. "Try to help them Tetsu." he mocked them.

"Why don't you come and help us. Shin, I never understood why would we have to wake up Ojou, after all those years?" Tetsu protested.

They were only interrupted when Kumiko's mobile rang. Vice Principal Sawatari needed to speak with her. Seemed there was another problem with her new 3D class.

" Kyoto (Vice Principal)... eh? Ohayo (Good morning)!" Yamaguchi answered as she managed to wake up.

Minoru sat down catching his breath "Thankfully, I thought I would die."

Sawatari with an angry voice asked her "Yamaguchi-sensai what's going on?"

She tilted her head confused "What do you mean?"

Sawatari sighed, all those years knowing Yamaguchi, only troubles would find him. "Why is Nagata* back at school? Didn't i tell you not to intervene?"

" Kyoto (Vice Principal) Sawatari, but Nagata is my student," Kumiko answered trying to avoid Sawatari. Shin was laughing since he knew what had happened. Nagata, a 3D student, was given the right to graduate (without attending classes). And Yankumi always managed to bring him back in class.

"Yamaguchi-sensai. We agreed with the Principal since his son was really bad news. He would never show in class. I thought i made it clear for you?" Sawatari went on yelling at her.

"I didn't agree with Kyoto (Vice Principal)! Nagata-Kun, isn't bad news. He is maybe a bit lost. But that's not a reason to keep him to graduate with everyone else." Kumiko explained proudly.

"Yamaguchi-sensai. Nagata isn't like Odagiri. He is not just bad news. He set the school on fire, he punched a teacher,... even his classmates don't like him." he shouted at her.

But she wouldn't listen. If it came to her precious students, Yankumi would always stand by their side. "Of course Nagata has nothing to do with Odagiri. Everyone has their own personality Kyoto-sensai. I know that. And Nagata-kun was lost. And are we really sure he even did it?"

"Yamaguchi-sensai you let him fool you. You let the whole 3D class full you." Sawatari went on saying.

"You are wrong Kyoto-sensai i will be there soon. And we will talk about that." Kumiko said and ended the call.

Shin (who had already washed up) walked out of the bathroom, and pause at the bedroom dresser looking what to wear. Tetsu and Minoru were already downstairs having breakfast. "He found out about Nagata?" Shin asked her.

"Yes. Maybe the Principal told him. He didn't want really his son back at school." Yankumi answered him as she was also getting ready.

"I'm sure he wouldn't. So, you are sure about Nagata?" Shin asked her. He had heard a few things about Nagata, surely he was involved in serious stuff.

"I mean I don't know if he did all he is accused. But how can I abandon my student." she yelled loudly.

"Not what I mean Kumiko. Nagata will be hard to handle. So, be careful." Shin suggested. All these years, Shin was always supporting Kumiko (like everyone in the family). He never got angry, when Kumiko spend hours helping her students. He loved that part of Yankumi. Whenever needed, he would help her. But it was not the same with Yusuke and Kira. Yankumi didn't really spend a lot of time with them. Honestly, she spent more time with her students than with her kids.