23th Act: The leader of Sannoh Rengokai married?!

Three long hours had passed. Cobra's surgery was a success. Kira and Naomi. Yusuke and Shin. Yamato and Noboru. All were waiting inside Cobra's room. Kira was sitting on the right. Edged close to the bed. Her hand holding Cobra's hand. Her eyes were red filled with tears. She was still shivering and terrified. The rest didn't look any better.

Yusuke sat at the corner of the room. He wasn't just terrified. He was totally devastated. He didn't dare to look anyone in the eyes. He felt ashamed. 'How could he take a human life?'

A few hours passed...

Kira was still in the same position. Next to Cobra. And it was like everyone agree with it. Like it was the place she should be. All of a sudden, she felt a light yank against her hand. She lifted her head and gazed at Cobra. He was breathing a bit faster now. His pulse rose higher. His eyelashes moved. He slowly opened his eyes. Kira leaned closer, to make sure that she wasn't dreaming.

"Did I scared you punk?" Cobra murmured in a weak tone. His body was filled with cuts, bruises and any sort of wounds. It felt heavy to move. And he was in such pain.

Kira nodded and started crying louder, catching everyone's attention into the room. The guys rushed over. Seeing Cobra talking and alive, made them able to breathe again. Honestly, everyone was so scared. The wound was deep.

"Never do that again!" said Yamato as he was trying to hide his tears.

Shin walked over and gave him a light tap at his shoulder. "Thank you for staying alive," he said. He most of all people had more reasons to wish Cobra not to die.

"I'm not planning to die soon!" he teased them trying to lift the heavy auras. He gave a soft sign at Shin. Cobra could tell how to worry, Shin should be. "Yamato, help me sit!

He held him up. Noboru lifted the upper part of the bed. Finally, Cobra sat up. His grip remained tight around Kira. He had so much to tell her. But there was one thing that came first. He looked at the room until he spotted Yusuke.

"Oi, Yusuke!?" Cobra called him. His voice was deep and his gaze deadly, ignoring his pain. Yusuke cleaned his tears and stood up. He stepped closer. His eyes dropped. He couldn't face Cobra. "Oi, Yusuke! What were you thinking!" Cobra voiced up.

"Nah, Cobra. He went through a lot. Don't be harsh.." Yamato tried to interfere.

Though, Naomi pulled him back. "Baka! He is trying to settle things," she whispered.

Yamato confused "By berating him?"

Naomi sighed "Sometimes you don't get Cobra at all. Wait and see."

Kira was still holding on Cobra's hand. She was still slowly getting back to reality. Seeing Cobra like that was one major blow for her. And Yusuke didn't make it any easier. She was worried about him too. She looked at her brother and her eyes floated with more tears.

Yusuke went on gazing at the ground. He didn't dare to look or answer to Cobra.

"Oi, Yusuke! Answer me!" Cobra demanded again. Felling his side hurt, as he forced his voice out.

Yusuke finally gazed at him. Though he was out of words. He couldn't think in any possible way to answer.

Cobra released Kira's hand. Next, he grabbed Yusuke tightly from his shirt. He didn't care if he was in pain. He didn't even care if his stitches would break. That was more important. "Listen, as long Yuki is alive. Never do anything that cowardly, ever again."