~ Chapter 2 ~

This chapter contains abuse and self harm and suicidal thoughts. If this triggers you, either skip this chapter or be very careful when you read it.

**Edited**

(Ava's POV)

9am. The bell rang for tutor period. I walked through the hallway with Pete to the classroom. Of course, as usual, when we walked in, we got the standard, "Hey look, it's the emos. Why don't you kill yourselves?" Pete just usually shrugged these comments off but today he wasn't standing for anyone's crap.

"Looky here. Why, isn't it the emos. How many cuts have you made today? Why don't you just kill yourself already?" A girl sneered. I ignored her but Pete got mad.

"At least she doesn't wear so much make up that we look like a goddamn fairy cake." He snapped.

An ominous "Oohhhhh" was passed around the room. There was a tut and then Yasmin, the ring leader, flicked her hair and turned away. I just laughed. We sat next to each other at the back of the room, as usual.

"Wow Pete. You aren't standing for any shit today, are you?" I joked.

"I'm only sticking up for you. You know me, I don't care what they think, just as long as it's about me." He said.

"Thanks Pete." I said. Then our tutor, Ms Dreary walzted into the room.

"Good morning class. Welcome back to another exciting year!" She said, in a sing song voice. I put my head on top of the desk. It was too early for cheerfulness. Yasmin put her hand up, probably showing off her new nails.

"Miss, Ava was being mean to me earlier." She said, putting on a fake girly voice. What a child, I thought whilst rolling my eyes for what felt like the 100th time today.

"Is this true Ava?" Miss asked and the whole class turned towards me. I opened my mouth to speak when Pete cut me off and stood up.

"No, it was me. Yasmin told me and Ava to kill ourselves and I just got sick of it! We get it everyday! Anyway, all I said was "at least we don't wear makeup so we don't look like a fairy cake."" He replied sassily. Ms Dreary sighed at his behavior.

"You know where to go Mr Wentz and take miss Clarke with you too." She said, sighing.

"But Miss, I didn't do anything!" Yasmin groaned in her annoying high pitched child voice.

"Out!" She demanded. Yasmin groaned and stormed out. Pete walked past the window and waved at me and I just laughed at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At lunch, I waited for him outside the principals office. As I was waiting, Yasmin and her gang, Charlotte and Emily, walked past me.

"Hey, loser, you got me in trouble. I think it is time to teach you a lesson." She smirked. She grabbed my hair and dragged me to the girls bathroom. Charlotte locked the door behind them. I tried to get away but she was too strong.

"Let go of me, you cow!" I screamed. She threw me to the floor and beckoned for Charlotte and Emily to come over. They all started kicking me and punching me. Emily then proceeded to pull my hair so I stood up. Charlotte held my arms behind my back so that Yasmin could kick and punch me in the stomach. Emily ripped my shirt so that it had a big hole in it. Charlotte dropped me to the floor. Yasmin came right up into my face.