~ Chapter 4 ~

{This gif is everything}

~4 weeks later~

I had been off suicide watch for 2 weeks now and I was allowed to go back to school. I was staying at Pete's house because I didn't want to face home. I just couldn't. I got up and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs and was greeted by Dale handing me a plate of pancakes. She slid my tablets across the breakfast bar along with a drink of orange juice.

"Thanks Dale." I said, smiling as best as I could. Just then, Pete walked in. He looked so tired. His hair was all over the place. He had been up all night testing someone. He had been for a while. He was acting very weird around me.

"There's my ray of sunshine !" She joked. He scoffed and sat down next to me.

"Mornin'. How you feeling ?" He asked, rubbing his tired eyes. I swallowed my pills. I put my thumbs up with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Same." He said.

"The head will want to talk to you." I nodded.

"You can also meet Pete's girlfriend !" Dale exclaimed. WHAT !?! I coughed and started choking on my juice.

"You have a girlfriend and you didn't tell me ?" I said. He looked at me sheepishly.

"Pete, I'm your best friend !" I shouted, standing up.

"I'm sorry !" He snapped. I turned around and stormed upstairs.

He couldn't have a girlfriend. He just couldn't. No one knew but I had a huge crush on him. I kept it well hidden. I was so mad right now. I aggressively pulled on my Kurt Cobain t shirt and some black skinny jeans. I put on my converse and my black jacket. I brushed my hair and pulled it into braids. I grabbed my bag and just left the house. I didn't want to walk with him. Or see him. My plan was to come home early, grab my stuff and go home or something. Any where away from there. Maybe I'm over reacting a bit. She might be nice. I stopped at the end of the street and waited for him. I looked behind me to see Pete walking with a girl. She looked familiar. It couldn't be....

It was Yasmin's twin sister, Jasmina. How could he ? She's the exact same as Yasmin. I just ran. I burst into tears and ran. I ran to school. I didn't go to Starbucks. He probably went with her. I walked back, changing my mind to see them together. At our booth. How dare he ? That's our thing. I cried even more. Half of me wanted to go over and shout but I didn't want to cause anything. I just simply kept running. I ran until I got to the school gates. I just stood and looked at the gates. I took a deep breath and just walked in.

I got a lot of stares as I walked into my tutor room. I just ignored them, I had bigger problems right now. When Pete walked in, I just blanked him. He walked over to me.

"What is up with you ?" He asked, snappily. I just completely ignored him. He kept pestering me but I carried on blanking him. When Ms Dreary walked in, she caught my eye.

"Ah ! Ava, welcome back. The Principal wants to see you." She said. I nodded and picked up my bag. I walked out, glaring at Pete as I left.

~Pete's POV~

What was up with Ava ? Ever since mom mentioned Jasmina, she's been off with me. I just shook it off. I walked into my room, expecting to see Ava waiting for me so we could go to Starbucks. She wasn't there. That's odd. I got changed and got my hair ready. I walked downstairs to only see mom. Not Ava. That's really bizarre. This never happens.

"Have a good day at school sweety. Keep an eye on Ava." Mom said. I nodded and left my house. I was greeted with Jasmina.

"Babe, what are you doing here ?" I asked. She laughed.
"Walking to school with you. C'mon, we're going to Starbucks." She said. I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out. That's when I saw Ava. At the end of the street, waiting for me. She turned and ran away. I immediately felt guilty because she didn't know I liked her. I just went out with Jasmina to get my mind off her. That sounds mean but I just did it.

I walked to Starbucks hand in hand with Jasmina, with a fake smile on. She dragged me over to a booth. Mine and Ava's booth.

"You okay Pete, you seem a bit vacant." Jasmina said.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied. I went up and grabbed the drinks.

"Where is Ava ? Is she okay ?" The barista asked me. I nodded. I didn't want to speak. I took the drinks over to the booth.

"Aww thanks baby !" Jasmina exclaimed. I smiled, fakely. I turned to see Ava. She was crying. I felt really guilty. She ran away again. Why am I so stupid ? I'm a pathetic person. Jasmina snapped her fingers in my face.

"Wake up !" She snapped. I shook my head quickly.

"Sorry." I said plainly. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Time to go." She said. She forcefully grabbed my hand and dragged me out of Starbucks. Her nails dug into my skin. I didn't have time to speak.

As I was walking with Jasmina, I felt even more bad than I did when I left the house. Why am I such a fucking idiot ? I walked into tutor to see a tear stained Ava. She just completely ignored me.

"What is up with you ?" I asked, not meaning to snap.
She carried on ignoring me. Then Ms Dreary walked in.

"Ah ! Ava, welcome back. The Principal wants to see you." She said. Ava just nodded and picked up her bag. As she left, she just glared at me. I banged my head against my desk. What have I done ?

~Ava's POV~

"Ava ! Nice to see you." The principal said. I sat in front of his desk.

"You wanted to see me ?" I asked. He nodded.

"I wanted to ask you a few questions and explain what has happened to the girls. Is that okay ?" He asked. I just nodded.

"Why did you do it ?" He asked. He didn't even sugar coat it. I told him everything and he asked me how long this has been happening for.

"And, the girls have been permanently expelled. We do not condone this behavior at this school. You are safe now." He said. "You may go."
I nodded and left.

At lunch, I sat on my own. Pete was probably with Jasmina. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less. He obviously has been lying to me the whole time. He probably just felt sorry for me. I was sat eating my lunch when I saw someone coming over to me.

"Guess who ?" They laughed. It was Pete. I rolled my eyes at him and ignored him.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap and I just wanted you to get better before I told you." He said. I looked at him.

"Why her ? You know her sister bullies me and you know she picks on me. She's just using you. You do realise that? Anyway, you're really popular and by going out with you, she will look popular." I stated, keeping eye contact the whole time. His mouth just gaped open.

~1292 words. I'm going to try and update a lot so there is going to be loads of drama in the next few chapters. Stay alive |-/~