Chapter 8

{The picture above is what I imagine Pete would've done. Just saying.....}
{I don't know how much younger Hillary and Andrew are so in this story, Hillary is 12 years old and Andrew is 9 years old.}

~Ava's POV~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AVA ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU !" I was woken to two boys singing this, jumping on the bed. I looked over at the clock. 9am.

"Fuck off. Its too early." I said, covering my face with Pete's pillow.

"See. Told you. She's not a morning person." Pete said.

"I can hear you, dumbass." I said, quite annoyed. It was true. I'm not a morning person.

"Oh c'mon. It's your birthday. Lighten up !" Joe said, slumping down on to the bed. I rolled my eyes.

"Time to come downstairs so you can open your presents !" Pete exclaimed. He grabbed my hand and forced me out of bed. I groaned and walked down. I was really tired so I was grouchy. I rubbed my eyes and walked into the living room.

Sat on the sofa was Dale, Peter, Hillary and Andrew.

"Happy Birthday Ava !" They all chorused.

"Thank you guys !" I said. I sat on the floor next to. Pete and Joe were either side of me.

"Present time !" Dale exclaimed. I laughed. Dale and Peter handed me a card. It read:

Dear Ava,

Have a wonderful birthday ! You have had a rough time being 15 so here's for a new year !

Lots of loves,
Dale and Peter xxx

"Thanks guys, that is so sweet !" I exclaimed. They handed me a well wrapped box.

"You didn't have to !" I said. I unwrapped it to find 3 guitar picks. They were red and black and one had the Nirvana symbol, the other had Kurt Cobain on and the last one had a picture of me and Pete on from when we were younger.

"Omg guys, that is so sweet. Thank you so much !" I said, hugging them both.

"Its okay." Peter said. Next Hillary handed me a card. It read:

Dear Ava {the coolest person ever !}

Have a great day. Hopefully nothing ruins it.

Love from Hillary xxx

"Thanks Hilly, that's really kind." I said hugging her.

"Its okay. After Andrew's card, we have a present from both of us." She said. Andrew handed me his card. It read:

To Ava,