Chapter 18

{Just a quick authors note: I have skipped a few years. Not much. It will all be explained throughout. Sorry for an inconveniences. This also contains suicidal thoughts and depressing themes, just warning you. Before you say anything, I don't care that I have used the same gif for a while.}

~Ava's POV~

After 4 years of physiotherapy and hydrotherapy, I was finally discharged from the hospital. Pete and the rest of 'Fall Out Boy' have been very supportive and helping me through these past few years. They got the record deal and their songs went huge. They did a few gigs and I supported them every step. I even surprised them by walking at a gig. They were now writing another album. They released a song called 'Sugar, we're goin down'. It was really good. They have written a few more called 'Dance Dance' and "A little less sixteen candles, a little more " touch me"'. I was so proud of them they had come so far. I thought everything was going fine until, I got the phone call...

It was a sunny day in 2005. Beautiful weather, barely a cloud in the sky. Pete had been a bit upset lately so I had been comforting him, like any decent girlfriend would. The thing is though, it wasn't just me that was noticing this. He would barely go to the studio, he would be in bed. Joe noticed first, then Andy and Patrick. We were all quite concerned. He barely even joked or smiled. I also noticed that he didn't call Dale as much. He used call every night but now, he only calls her once a fortnight. Maybe longer. He was not himself. I told him to go to the doctors office about it and he got mad and stormed upstairs. He later apologized. He then cried. He cried more than usual. Usually, it takes a lot to make him cry and upset but now, it didn't take a lot. We would argue and he would cry and things like that. I managed to get him to go to the doctors and they prescribed him some pills. He took them but they didn't seem to work.

Anyway, we ran out of food so he went to the grocery store. I offered to go with him but he said no and told me he needed time alone. I knew how he felt so I let him get on with it. He left.

"You know I love you more than anything. You are my world. Never forget that." He told me as he left. I was confused at why he said that but I shook it off. Maybe he was just being romantic. I don't know but I carried on with what I was doing. I cleaned the house and tidied it. Then I realised, Pete had been gone a while. He left at 2:15 pm and it was 4:30pm. I tried ringing him. No answer, straight to voicemail.

"Call me as soon as you get this. I love you." I said. Maybe he was cheating in me. That's why he said that. Thoughts like this started spinning around my head. Oh God no. Then my phone range. It was Dale.

"Dale ?" I answered.

"Ava. You need to get to the store now." She said, worriedly.

"What ? Why ?" I replied. I heard heavy breathing.

"Its Pete. I think he overdosed on pills. And slit his wrists." She said, panting.

"On my way." I said, hanging up the phone. I raced into my car and drove to the store as fast as I could. I probably broke a few speeding limits but who cares. I reached the store and the car park was basically empty. I jumped out and looked for Pete's car. I found it and ran as fast as I could towards him. I saw Dale hugging him, on the phone. I ran and kneeled down next to her.

"Yes okay. Thank you so much." She said, hanging up. She rubbed his back. I looked up at him. I burst into tears.

"I'm.. Sorry Princess. I couldn't take it any more." He wheezed out. Take what anymore?

"The ambulance is on its way honey." She said, looking at Pete. I was speechless. Why ? What made him so depressed ? Was it me? Oh God. It was probably me. I was still crying when the ambulance arrived they quickly put him on to a stretcher and me and Dale got into the back with him. I held his hand the whole journey there.

When we got to the hospital, they rushed him upstairs and wouldn't let us in. No matter how much we argued, the receptionist refused. After a while of waiting, a nurse came out.

"Miss Tellerman and Mrs Wentz ?" He said. We stood up and walked towards him.

"Pete has had his stomach pumped and bandages have been applied to his wrists. He may be weak but he can come home tomorrow. We just need to observe him over night." He said.

"Can we see him ?" I asked. He nodded. We followed him to Pete's ward. As soon as I saw him, I ran over to him. He was sat up, with no expression on his face.

"Pete ?" I said. He saw me and weakly smiled.

"Hey." He said. I engulfed him in a big hug. He hugged back and I started crying.

"I thought I was going to lose you." I sobbed.

"You're not going to lose me for a long time." He joked. I heard him chuckle weakly. Dale walked in.

"Hey mom." He said. She hugged him.

"Now. I want you to tell us why you did it." Dale ordered.

"Jeez mom." He replied.

"It's important that you do." I said

"Fine. Recently, I've been getting a lot of nasty messages. That's why I got all depressed. I didn't want to tell anyone about because I was embarrassed. I had messages saying, 'Go kill yourself.' 'Emo scum.' 'Ava deserves much better than you'. And I couldn't take it. I believed all of those things and decided that the world would be a better place without me." He said, voice cracking towards the end. I hugged him.

"Its okay to cry." I said in his ear. He cried into me.

"I'll give you two some alone time." Dale said, getting up.

"No mom. Stay." Pete said, sobbing and wiping his tears.

~1104 words. Jeez this was sad. I'm sorry if this made you sad but it does get better. A lot better. A few well-known faces may just appear ;))~