Chapter 17

~Pete's POV~

One month. One month since the accident. One month since I saw Ava's beautiful brown eyes. One month since I last slept properly. The boys had visited a couple of times and so had my family but she was still laying there. She was put into a coma because apparently that's what would be best for her. I only wanted the best for Ava. I had barely left the room. The only times I did was to either go to the toilet, shower or go to the hospital shop and get food and drink or magazines. The time I spent in the room, it was taken up by me holding Ava's cold hand and talking to her. I knew she couldn't hear me. All this has postponed my music but to be honest, right now Ava was my priority. The nurse thought I was crazy talking to her, but she didn't stop me. Ava had 3 broken ribs, both her legs were broken, badly fractured spine, damaged spinal chord and a fractured wrist. But, the wrist healed. She had lost a lot of blood so she had to have a blood transfusion.

I was dropping off to sleep when I felt a pinch. I immediately noted and got up. I was still holding her hand. I watched her as her hand moved slightly. I stood up and called for the nurse. I told her everything and she called a few doctors and nurses into the room. They all swarmed around her. I tried to see her but every time I looked at her, they moved so I couldn't. Do they not like me ? Did they not want me to see something ? I was honestly so confused. After faffing around Ava for what seemed like hours, they moved away from her. I looked over to see that she had less tubes attached, hair brushed and a bit of light make up applied to her. She looked beautiful.

"Mr Wentz ?" One of the nurses called. I stood up.

"Yeah that's me." I said.

"Miss Tellerman looks like she is going to make a full recovery. She is out of her coma. She will need physiotherapy and hydrotherapy for a while for her legs but she will be fine." The nurse smiled.

"Thank God. Thank you for everything." I said. She nodded and left the room. I resumed my normal position and took out my phone I texted mom and the boys what the nurse said.

Mom:
That's wonderful news ! We are on our way over ! Xx

Pat:
That's amazing news. Text me when she wakes up.

Joe:
Thank God she's okay ! I'll come and see her soon.

Andy:
Nice. I'll visit soon.

I smiled. I held her hand and I squeezed it, just tower if she was actually awake. She lightly squeezed back. That's when I decided to try and talk to her.

"Hey Princess. Its me, Pete. Or as you call me Petey Pie." I laughed.

"The nurse said that you're going to make a full recovery. How great is that ?" I smiled. I looked over to her and her eyes fluttered open.

"Pete?" She said in a whisper.

~Ava's POV~

I heard Pete talking to me so I decided to use all my energy that I had left to open my eyes.

"Pete ?" I whispered. He looked over at me with them beautiful eyes of his. They sparkled as they looked at me. He gasped and pulled me into a hug. I attempted to hug back but my IV tube was holding me back. He pulled away.